• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Thursday

Hello, ladies.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tomorrow at 3:30 I'll be SIL free. I can't wait. She hasn't done anything the entire time she's been here. She has not left the house unless it was with me or DH. She has pretty much just eaten all our food and slept. Pathetic. Next time MIL asks if she can come, the answer will be NO. A very loud NO. 

Does anyone watch Smash?  What are your thoughts on this season so far? I watched episode 4 last night and still need to watch 5, but I'm not really liking this season as much. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Thursday

• aggiebugaggiebug member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Good morning!

Yay for no more SIL.  I know you were kind of excited for her to come, sorry it turned out to be quite a dissapointment.  

Yes H and I watch Smash.  We have always been hit or miss with the show- even last season.  So far this season Karen is driving me crazy. I do not like the direction her character is taking at all.  I think there are too many musicals in play this season as well, with Ivy being in one, Bombshell, and the one Karen is pushing.  But I still love the music so we will continue to watch and listen to the CDs :) 

H and I leave bright and early tomorrow morning for H-town to see my newest nephew and his family! :) I am SO excited AND we get to go to the rodeo *sigh* this girl is happy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Morning! Not too much going on here. H is going snowmobiling today. I am excited from him. He could use a break from work. He brings work home with him every night.

Aggie: Safe Travels! Have Fun!
    JLQ: YES!! No more SIL!! Sorry she was so lazy.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Morning!

J, I feel like your SIL has been there FORever! Glad you finally get to be rid of her tomorrow!
    Aggie, have fun, drive safe and enjoy the baby!
    Degrea, glad your H is able to get away from work!

Not much going on here. Just another day for me. H's dad's funeral is tomorrow and I know it'll be rough for him. They also found out some information about his dad that explains pretty much all of his behavior and I'm not so hateful towards him for treating H and his sisters and mom the way he did.

I feel like this has been the longest week ever.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hang in there Kris! It is almost over. T&P's and Hugs!!!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_thursday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:fa7753be-05ee-4e67-a1bf-9ea3d4b589bfPost:ae4a3246-73d5-43ae-ab81-2d1daed54770">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hang in there Kris! It is almost over. T&P's and Hugs!!!
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Degrea! I'm so grateful to my mom for staying with me and Chase. She has helped a ton by being there. And H is happy because I'm not alone.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hang in there Kris. Sending you hugs. 

And we are flying thank goodness. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • hey girls!  
    Kris I am so sorry to hear about your H's dad!

Not too much going on here today.. making turkey chili and Lulu is playing by herself which is adorable.  it's cold and we are stuck indoors. 
    So far The Dinner has been pretty good.. anyone else read it?
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to pick up my niece from daycare in a few hours.

I'm worried she's going to cry and run away from me.  I see her all the time, she knows who I am, but she's one and - ya know - unreliable :-)  Interestingly, the other kids in the daycare will be more than happy to leave with me.  They like adults.  I went there last week to meet the workers so they knew me and about four little girls attached themselves to me and tried to get out the door.  Kids are funny.

I'm going back to work tomorrow.  They decided 3/8 instead of 3/11.  I'm a little nervous!!
  • Joy you will do wonderful! I like the decision to start work on Friday. No matter how bad the day is it is Friday! Good luck with your niece.
  • masey13masey13 member
    500 Comments
    edited March 2013
    Joy-
    how often do you see your niece?  are you close with your sister?  how far do they live from you?
    ***DELETED CONTENT***
  • Oh no, Masey!

My sister and I are very close and we live about a mile apart.  I see her and my niece (on average) once every two weeks.  Sometimes more, almost never less. I love seeing the lil peanut and hanging out with them.  My niece is a little girl now more so than a baby and has her own little language.  She has her own name for me (something like "gee") and does enjoy me when I'm there.  I will also watch her if my sister has to work a random Saturday.

I know that it's very easy to get wrapped up in your own life, especially if you have several kids of your own.  But, I almost think I'd see my sister more if I had kids.  We'd put them all in one room to play together while we sat and caught up!

Are you guys close?  On good terms? 
  • masey13masey13 member
    500 Comments
    edited March 2013
  • Ha - I can understand why you'd want her to know that!

I honestly don't think saying anything will do any good.  My sister and I were not very close for a long time (we're five years apart and were just constantly in different modes growing up).  Someone could have said until they were blue in the face that we needed to be closer, but I wouldn't have gotten it at all.

I'm sorry :-(
  • OH well, Life goes on.

On another note, my H is turning 40 in a few weeks OMG.. trying to think of something special to do.. any ideas?  
  • Kris - Sending good thoughts your way! It's almost over and your H will be back soon! 
    Aggie - Have a good trip! And I agree with you about Smash. I don't like how everyone is pulled in a milion directions. And I dislike that the new guy is one drugs and they just act like it's nothing. That's annoying. 
    Masey - No ideas for ya, but happy early birthday to your H! 
    Joy - Good luck on your first day back!!! You'll be awesome! 
    Degrea - Hope your H has fun! I know how much it sucks when they bring work home and then it affects everything else! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards