• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

TGIF

Happy Friday!!! 
What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Tonight we're going out to dinner. We're going to a different location of a place we have here in town, this one is up in Williamsport and it's right along the river. Should be pretty!
I work this weekend 8-4 both days, so I have no major plans. I don't know what DH&his sister have planned. 
She wants to go to the mall today, so I guess we're going to do that. I just hope she doesn't sleep until 11:30 like she did yesterday. 

Have any of you read The Lover's Dictionary? I started it last night. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: TGIF

• Morning! I don't have anything planned this weekend. Probably laundry and I have a goal to get all the scrapbook crap out and go some scrapbooking. We shall see how that goes.

Awwww to sleep in till 11:30am and actually be sleeping. I remember those days. I am lucky if I make it past 8:30am now. Have fun at the mall!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • We are headed to Brooklyn tonight for the weekend to visit my BFF and her family.  This is our second trip to NY this week.  I signed the girls up with a local talent agency on a whim and they got called for a casting for a print campaign.  So the girls and I took the train into NYC yesterday, it was pretty cool.  Fingers crossed one of them gets it.

On Sunday when we get back we are going out for my little brothers birthday, he'll be 23
    on Tuesday.  I am almost 12 years older than him.

jlq, I made a decision after the new year that we are going to try new restuarants this year so I have been buying a groupon every week for a different restuarant that we have never been to and it is forcing us to try new places (and save money at the same time).
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Degrea  - Have fun scrapbooking! When I was younger I thought I would become a scrapbooker, but I never could get into it. I love looking at ones people have made, though! 

Jodi - Good luck to the girls! That would be so neat if they got cast! 

I'm really annoyed because I cooked a really nice dinner last night and SIL didn't help clean up at all. Should this annoy me? When I stay at other people's hosues I always make an effort to help with cleaning up after meals and things. She didn't even offer to help. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Scrapbooking is evil. I love it when I start than about half way through I am sick of it but I feel like I need to finish. Than in the end I am in love again. It is also a really great way create photo journal of our life. Sometimes we are talking and can't remember when we went to Hawaii, but after a quick consolation of the scrapbook I know exactly when we went to Hawaii. I have a love hate relationship with scrapbooking. I also wish it didn't take up so much room. When I am scrapbooking I take up the whole DR table.

That is sort of annoying that she didn't offer to help. It is only for a couple more days; just keep smiling. Have fun at dinner.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Did anyone see Silver Linings Playbook?  The little theater on main street is playing it starting today, and I was thinking of going to see it. 
    my read shelf:
  • Morning

We found out last night that H's dad died. We went to bed at about 10:45 and his mom called about 10 minutes later. She said "I'm okay, your sisters are okay, but I need you to come over." He and his dad hadn't seen or talked to each other in quite a few years. He was abusive and an alcoholic, so his mom packed them all up and moved down here from Philly. He hadn't been seen by a neighbor in a couple days, so they called it in. When the cops made it into the house, it was like an episode of Hoarders and there were bottles of alcohol everywhere, so they think he drank himself to death. H is taking it pretty hard. The plan at the moment is for him and his sisters and mom to start driving up tomorrow and they'll have to make arrangements and go through the house. And it's the house he grew up in, so I'm sure that'll be weird for him. And he's fairly certain his dad didn't have life insurance, so it'll be quite expensive as well. Plus, with him up there, he'll be away from Chase and that's weighing on him, too. So if anyone wants to come over and help with the nightly routine, I would love that. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_tgif-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ff86c202-12ce-47f4-a25f-db891816ece1Post:f2b60239-607d-41a5-8266-511a5d9367c3">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone see Silver Linings Playbook?  The little theater on main street is playing it starting today, and I was thinking of going to see it. 
    Posted by jlq2005[/QUOTE]

I read the book and looooooathed it.  I even have ties to the author (sorry!) but the book was bad.  I do know that the movie is different.  I can see how certain parts could be changed to make it a marketable and inspiriring movie.  I hope that's the case.  Don't read the book.

We don't have plans for this weekend.  I think my job start date has been pushed off another week due to paperwork issues.  Another week to myself!
  • oh, I'm so sorry, Kris!  That's a hard situation even under good circumstances.
  • Sorry Kris sending T&P's! Drive safe Kris H!!

Yea another week of freedom for Joy! i never understood why it takes so long to hire someone. He have had a guy that has been waiting since Nov. for his paperwork. Stupid HR!
  • Oh Kris! I'm so sorry to hear that! Sending prayers to your H and his family! 

Joy - Thanks for the info on the book - I was thinking of reading it. Maybe I'll pass on it. I still want to see the movie I think. 
    my read shelf:
  • Kris that totally sucks!! Praying for all of you!! Charlie and I would gladly come and hang out!! Nothing too new with us! My mom and sister are coming to visit this weekend so Charlie and I are hanging out waiting for them to get here. Charlie is growing way too fast he walks now and is leaning lots. It seems everyday he knows something new. He's working on incoming eye teeth which sucks. He's so whiney.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey all. So glad it's Fri. Whew. 

I am praying for you and your H Kris. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I think I have decided that I need to get a new job. This place is such a mess and I need out. I will spend this weekend updating my resume yet again. Yuck!
  • Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Degrea.

It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards