• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2011 Weddings

For you DIY girls...what do you think of this?

My birthday is coming up next month, and I'm one of those people that never knows what to ask for. So one of my resolutions for the new year is spend more time doing things I enjoy (i.e reading, crafts, etc). Since I became addicted to Pinterest, I really wanted to invest in a Cricut machine to do some dye-cutting and stuff on my own instead of paying a lot for stuff that I could easily do myself. I figured I would ask my family and husband to put money towards this machine for my birthday, since they always are asking what to buy me. 

I was on Pinterest the other day and stumbled upon a blog that talked about the Silhouette Cameo machine (link). What do you think? Have any of you used this? Or would you prefer the Cricut machine?

Re: For you DIY girls...what do you think of this?

• Oh, TK glitches at their finest.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012

[Iron] Bowled Over: House Divided, Love United Blog
  • just remembered the rss shows what was posted...here it is 

"My birthday is coming up next month, and I'm one of those people that never knows what to ask for. So one of my resolutions for the new year is spend more time doing things I enjoy (i.e reading, crafts, etc). Since I became addicted to Pinterest, I really wanted to invest in a Cricut machine to do some dye-cutting and stuff on my own instead of paying a lot for stuff that I could easily do myself. I figured I would ask my family and husband to&nbsp;put money towards this machine for my birthday, since they always are asking what to buy me.&nbsp;<br /><br />I was on Pinterest the other day and stumbled upon a blog that talked about the Silhouette Cameo machine (<a href=" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" />link</a>). What do you think? Have any of you used this? Or would you prefer the Cricut machine?"
  • I'd suggest getting the cricut. i don't know anything about the cameo except it seems to be more expensive than the cricut lol but also cricuts are more versatile if u were to upgrade to a bigger machine later on, the cartridges u have already will work in any of the cricut models
  • In Response to Re: For you DIY girls...what do you think of this?:
    [QUOTE]I'd suggest getting the cricut. i don't know anything about the cameo except it seems to be more expensive than the cricut lol but also cricuts are more versatile if u were to upgrade to a bigger machine later on, the cartridges u have already will work in any of the cricut models
    Posted by wicked+faery[/QUOTE]

This.  I LOVE my cricut.  I would recommend going with the larger Expression model. I started on the smaller Cricut Personal Cutter and just this past fall upgraded to the original Expression.  I'm kinda kicking myself though for not going for the newer Expression 2 they just rolled out, but I didn't know about it at the time.  I use my cricut all of the time to make cards (I haven't bought a store bought card for anyone in over a year) and other small craft items. 
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Oh my goss. I didn't even realize that happened to my post. Thanks wicked for finding it. Thanks for your feedback ladies!! I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards