Ohio-Cincinnati

Places to take pictures

Ok girls I need help! I am not from Cincinnati but we are getting married at the Madison.  We are taking all pictures before the wedding & reception and have about 2 hours.  I want an urban feel but I don't know where to go to get the scenery I want.  I thought about some pics on the purple walking bridge between cincinnati and newport, but I need ideas! I have no idea what is in Cincinnati/Northern Ky.

Thanks!

Re: Places to take pictures

• edited December 2011
    You can go around Mainstrasse in Covington, around Fountain Square in Cincinnati, Sawyer Point, Eden Park, Mt Adams. There are tons of places around Downtown, Covington, Newport to do pictures.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    tons of places.  I would talk to your photographer as well.  I love Piatt Park which is on Garfield - I worked at the place in the old doctor's building and Piatt and the place around there is really pretty.  Kind of urban too.
    Also Mainstrasse would be really pretty, as well as that park over in Covington.
    I love the purple people bride idea!
    the wedded pups - large
    jason + katherine - wedded 6.18.2011
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest taking pictures in Eden Park, Mt. Adams, or Alms Park, on the Ohio side of the river. These places have beautiful overlooks of the Ohio River.
    Anniversary image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Bluejay513Bluejay513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married there. We took BEAUTIFUL pictures at Devou Park overlooking the city skyline.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Riverside Drive in Covington (intersection of Garrard and Riverside Dr).  It is right along the river, so you can get shots with the city skyline in the back; there is a park there to get some greener shots; there are gorgeous historic homes and cobblestone streets for more urban shots.
  • lavrillavril member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did fountain square and Garfield place (square) - i forget the exact name.  It has these amazing rod-iron arches that look great in pics.  Good luck!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d?
    ?BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Beta1(14dpo)=358, Beta2 (18dpo)=1164, HB 107 9/28 and 173 10/12?
    Trying to start our family since 2010
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi Pregnancy Ticker
  • lavrillavril member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to this website, there are pics of Garfield Square  (and no that's not me, but I used this florist, lol).  http://www.twolittlebuds.com/ I loved our pictures from this area!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d?
    ?BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Beta1(14dpo)=358, Beta2 (18dpo)=1164, HB 107 9/28 and 173 10/12?
    Trying to start our family since 2010
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't suggest Fountain Square just because there are so many people out there on Friday and Saturday nights - it's nearly impossible to get shots wihtout random people in the background.  I think the ideas about Garfiled Place or the park at Greenup annd Riverside are great - try a test run at both places!
  • cherieandbencherieandben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You girls are amazing! I really appreciate all of the feedback.. and my photographer is from out of town as well! But he is starting to do more photography in Cincinnati so I guess we'll have to learn the places together! I will give him the ideas! Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards