Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Suggestions for reception venues please!

Hi ladies!

I was here back when I was planning my wedding in May 08. I am now helping my sister plan her wedding.....
She will be getting married in Vancouver... and having a reception back here. She lives in a different state and needs me to help her with planning.

I'm looking for a different kind of venue than anything I would have wanted... we are very different so I need some ideas!!!
Her and her FI have lived all over the world.. they are very outdoor, nature people. So I'm thinking maybe something tented in a beautiful outdoor spot... but doesn't have to be outdoor either! Looking at probably 225ish people.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Suggestions for reception venues please!

• Options
    j&awestrichj&awestrich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she loves the outdoors, I took a serious look at the Nathaneal Greene Lodge on the West Side...it has a huge A frame ceiling with essentially an entire glass wall that looks out over the woods. It sits on top of a hill in the middle of a forest and feels like you're in the middle of nowhere...but you're really about 3 minutes from Harrison Ave. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at the Verdin Clock place downtown it has very decorative inside and I have heard wonderful things....also there is Ault Park is you live centrally, they do a BEAUTIFUL tented pavillion with this large waterfall next to the stairs...it's beautiful. I don't know if Sawyer Point does weddings, but it's very "Cincinnati" and may do a tented space next to the river...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park is really neat and is outside and will do tented events...also the Krippendorf Lodge is neat as well.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what part of town you're looking at but check these out.
     http://www.uniquecincinnatispaces.com/CentennialBarn.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards