Ohio-Cincinnati

Check #1

Last week I ended up meeting with a few planners and ended up booking Your Wedding By Jen. 
I really liked all of the girls I met with but I really liked the edginess Jen has. Plus her studio is just a block away from work so I can make many lunch time planning appointments if needed. Overall I was very happy with some of the additional services she offers and I love the fact that she is opening a boutique in her studio in a few months. But another thing she has going on right now is free hair or makeup when you book with her. So I guess you can say I have 2 checks.
So my next question is about photography. Jen did provide me with some photographers names and I LOVE them all. So who are you using as a photographer? I feel like this is the one of the things that means the most to me and I really would like to know how the person you chose interacts with you. I do not want many, if any posed pictures but I think we will need some direction over all. So who is the best in your opinions? 
Thanks ladies, I am getting really excited now that I feel like I am moving forward into this new chapter.

Re: Check #1

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photography is a huge item for most weddings. You will get plenty of responses. I would first say that you need to set your photography budget and find out how much time you need the photographer for. Some will do unlimited time the day of, some will limit it to 8-10 hours or less.
    I used Studio3z and loved them. They arent your everyday wedding photographers. I know others that we looked at and loved were Steph Carson, Tine Hoffmann as well as Amanda Eagen, and what is now Kourtney Kate. I would find out what you need, inquire on your date and go from there. Most of the photographers book very fast, so IMO, that would be my next step. (after a venue and date :)
  • CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Weddings by Jen too!  I really liked her a lot and I met with ALOT of other planners.  I am using Images by Daniel Michael.  I really liked them because they use real film as opposed to digital, but both forms (digital vs film) have their pros and cons.

GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • itsriaitsria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen did show me two weddings that she had done with Images by Daniel Michael. One he shot and the other was someone else in his company. They were really good.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto kel about setting your photography budget now - that will determine where you can look.  Personally, photography was SUPER important for me (I'm an amateur photographer and had shot a few weddings), so I wasn't willing to skimp AT ALL at quality or service, and the cost wasn't a dealbreaker for me, so long as the skill level was great.

We used Steph Carson (photo goddess extraordinaire - see bio for examples), but the others we seriously looked at were:

(1) Steve Lyons
    (2) Cindy Wagner (Wagner Photographics)
    (3) Tine Hoffman - I contacted her, but she was already booked for my date.  I did get to use her for bpics, though, and they came out FABULOUSLY, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her either.

ETA: Oh, and after seeing kelklump's pics, Studio3z looked pretty nifty as well.

GL with your decision. 
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photog recs:
    Steve Lyons (used and LOVED him)
    Bluebird Photography (April does beautiful work)
  • edited December 2011
    I think you might like my photographer, Todd Pellowe. He's from Louisville but he travels to Cinci at no extra charge. He's definitely on the expensive side, but his work is pretty amazing. He has a photojournalistic style. Posed shots aren't really his thing, although he does do as many as you need. He just focuses on documenting the day, the fleeting emotions, touching moments, stuff like that. Kris10Michelle just used him and I'll have reviews after my wedding in April. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards