• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2011 Weddings

OMG! Freaking out!! Please help!! Printing on RSVP card isn't working!

I just received our invitations and want to send them tomorrow.  I'm printing directly on the envelopes with the fonts and colors from our invitations.  The invitation envelope (6X6) printed perfectly.  The computer/word will not print on a 5X3.5 envelope (RSVP)!!!  This is below the size it will use.  I've tried everything, even using ppt, etc.

Anyone with this size RSVP have a fix????  Cry

First Date: March 10, 2007
Engaged: August 21, 2010
Wedding: June 4, 2011

Re: OMG! Freaking out!! Please help!! Printing on RSVP card isn't working!

• Take a deep breath. :) 

You should be able to choose custom envelope and put in any size you want for the envelope. If it still doesn't like the size I'm assuming its because it doesn't like the 3.5 height.  In which case you can make it taller and just adjust where on the page you are typing the address. 

I traced an envelope on regualr printer paper to get the right size so i could do several trials and make sure the address printed in just the right place.  Hope this helps!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was wondering if I'd be able to do this or not!!  I'm going to test my parent's computer tonight!  Otherwise, I'll have a LOT more addressing to do....oi!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • You could also try going going into Word and modify the size to your envelope. Then you could take a piece of paper and cut it to the same size and do a test print. Another tip is to tape the piece of paper to the monitor to make sure you're spacing is correct.

I'm used this when doing my DIY favors. The medallions that I wanted our name and date printed on didn't come with a template. I was stressing out on how to make it work, but then figured out the above and got it figured out in 5 minutes.

Good Luck!!!
  • I've tried all the custom sizes and trial runs.  Word and other programs won't print on anything smaller than 6.4X2.13.  So I don't know where this leaves me :(  Print companies charge like $200.

I guess I could print on the outside, and then use the taboo labels on the RSVP envelope.  It's SOOO pretty with the matching colors and fonts and my handwriting is AWFUL.

• What I did to print on my 5x3.5 RSVP envelopes was to open a regular Word document and test on where the text would print. Then I put one of the envelopes up to paper to see if that's where it would print.  I used a laser printer so I don't know if it'll be the same for you.  I hope that helps a bit.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Have you thought about going to Office Max? I got my 100 invites and respnse cards printed for just under $13.00. I also had 60 additional prints done yesterday for another project I'm working on and it cost me less than $6.00. Give them a call and see what they offer for envelopes.

Good Luck!!
  • My Microsoft word has a setting for 3.5x5 index card. I just had to figure out how to put it in the printer the right way. There's got to be a way to do it. But I see nothing wrong with using labels. It's just the RSVP, nobody will judge you...except the snots on the E board, but don't ask them.
    Anniversary
  • You have set the paper size in Word AND you have to choose custom sizes on your printer.
  • reilsreils member
    1000 Comments
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2011-weddings_omg-freaking-out-please-printing-rsvp-card-isnt-working?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:646Discussion:5eb1460f-efa6-440c-9143-6053191782ddPost:72dec104-25c0-4fef-9171-8f9962687800">Re: OMG! Freaking out!! Please help!! Printing on RSVP card isn't working!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You have set the paper size in Word AND you have to choose custom sizes on your printer.
    Posted by FireDancer04[/QUOTE]

<div>This. </div><div>I printed 3.5x5 cards out for our RSVPs. I made them in word and I set up a custom paper size to 3.5x5 and then in the printer settings you have to make a custom paper size to 3.5x5. </div><div>Does your printer have a photo paper tray? If it does you will probably have to put the envelopes in that tray instead of the main tray. </div>
  • Maybe the problem is I'm using the "Envelopes" option in word?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards