Ohio-Cincinnati

Place Cards

Unfortunately we don't have it in the budget to get a calligrapher.  Any suggestions, has anyone done printable placecards?  Where can we find cheap, good quality place card paper?  Thanks for your help everyone!

Re: Place Cards

• edited December 2011
    I printed my own placecards using paper I purchased from paperandmore.com (I actually DIY'd all of our paper).  Here is a pic, we did entree choices so the different colors represent the different choices.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I believe I saw some printable cards in the wedding aisle at Michael's recently.  I believe they were pretty cheap too - like $4 for 50 of them.

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We purchased ours and pinned them to a board since it was outside and we were not sure that they would not blow away. As for paper, paperandmore is a great option. I purchased plain 100lb cardstock from staples and then accented it with scrapbooking papers (since I didnt have to purchase many) for a bridal shower and baby shower I have recently hosted. I am sure you can whip something beautiful up and have them printed at Staples. We had almost all of our items printed at staples (by the way they will cut them for you as well if you know the cuts you want) and our bill was relatively inexpensive.

• edited December 2011
    We DIYed ours (using the fonts and designs from our DIY invites) as well, but had them printed and laser cut at staples.  The printed paper was just their heaviest cardstock, and the backing paper was leftover cardstock from our DIY invites:

Once you have them designed, printed and cut, they really don't take all that long to do - I think I did ours on the flight from NYC to OH in the days before the wedding.

Quick tip:  Dummy me forgot to mark who was getting what entree on the cards when I was making them, so my lifesaver DoC (Kristen Kloth with Tres Chic Event Planning) marked them for me.  It doesn't look terrible for only noticing this the day-of, but I would have preffered the dots to have been printed as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We used the company Pink Ink and if I remember correctly they were very reasonable. Just a thought... you could always call them and see what they would cost you. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards