• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Ohio-Cincinnati

Bridal and formal-how long did it take to get your dress?!?!

Hey girls, I just wanted to know if anyone else had to wait a long time after ordering their dress from bridal and formal. I ordered it about 7 months ago, and they said it would take b/t 4-8 months. I am just getting nervous, and I have read horror stories about bridal and formal ordering the wrong dresses for brides and there is nothing they can do because of the contract you sign when u buy. Anyone having or had similar experience?
The Future Mrs. Quallick Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal and formal-how long did it take to get your dress?!?!

• cincy32011cincy32011 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    They told me it would be 6-8 months.  Right about the time I started to get worried (around 7 months), I got a phone call that it was in and everything was perfect.  Have you called them?  Usually once the supplier ships the dress, they can give you a decent estimate of when it will be in. 
    image 286 Invited
    image 243 Attending
    image 42 Declined
    image 1 Unknown
    RSVP Date: February 12
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend just calling them to check in and see if they can check the ship date of your dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    They told me 4-6 months and it was in at 3 1/2.  I sort of told them that my wedding was sooner than it was.  I think it helped to get it in faster.  I would do it again if I had to. 

Just give them a call.  That is their business, you won't be the first bride to do it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I will call them sometime this week!
    The Future Mrs. Quallick Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sloanawsloanaw member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I am still waiting on mine, they told me March and I ordered in October....they are normally pretty cool on the phone...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • weishaslweishasl member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    They told me 5 to 6 months and it was here in 5 months, almost to the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress in August and got it in December. I agree with PP, give them a call. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :).
    image Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine in August, they told me it would be in December/January sometime, and it came towards the end of January. 

As far as the contract goes, I remember the woman who helped me double checking everything, then had me double check the tag of the dress to the number she wrote down to make sure it was the right one. 
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine on July 31 and it came in around the second week in February. 
  • mhard10mhard10 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    They told me 4-6 months and I got a call at 5 1/2 that it was in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards