July 2012 Weddings

Need help! Honyemoon suggestions?!?

My fiance and I CANNOT decide on a honeymoon location. First, we said Sandals Antigua--but he is a huge golfer and was a bit bummed about the lack of courses. Also, it was going to cost us over $5000 for one week, not including our airfare. We are paying for most of the wedding on our own, so spending that much money kind of put a damper on things.
Then he suggested Hawaii---which I love, except, it's where I'm from. We've already been to Hawaii once together, and I've been countless times throughout my life and while it's a very special place to me, I don't think it's "honeymoon special" for us--does that make sense? Plus, since there are no all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii, it would end up being about the same price as Antigua.
THEN, I stumbled across Costa Rican honeymoons and I fell head over heels. It's a gorgeous country and the prices are unbelievable! (I give it another 5 years and then it will be just as expensive as the Caribbean!) For 10 nights at an all-inclusive, four star hotel, with airfare, is $3500!! Only problem is, he is not quite sold on Costa Rica---he's worried it's not as nice, why is it so cheap, ect ect.

So now I don't know what to do. I really didn't want to go somewhere like Jamaica, Mexico or the DR, only because those places are so DONE by everyone, and it's so cheap to go there, I know we'll end up going there at some point in our lives on a family vacation.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?? I thought this would have been the easiest and most exciting decision, instead it's turning into a nightmare!!
Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards