Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

update** Wendys bridal

DO NOT GO TO WENDYS BRIDAL!!

So I ignored the advice of my friends who had delt with them in the past, or had alteration issues with them and bought my dress/bridesmaid dresses there.  Yesterday they called me to inform me that "They didnt order my bridesmaid dress." I wrote about it here, but they said it would be rushed shipping and would get it in time. Well today they called me and said I needed to come up and Pay the $60 for the rush shipping, or they would not give me the dress when it came in.

ARE YOU EFFIN SERIOUS! I personally face to face told them that my last bridesmaid would be getting her dress in New york and not there. That was their excuse for not ordering it. I reitterated that I told them. She said (the manager-Ann) that I didnt say that, and she wouldnt have made a mistake like that.

Needless to say I am flabbergasted at her (Ann) attitude and snobbishness. She said the most that she would do is split the cost of rush shipping with me. Its not about the money, its only $30, its the fact that SHE didnt order my dress, sooo why do I have to pay for their screwup. I even offered to bring up my Bridesmaid that was with me at the time getting her dress that heard me tell her. Her response" well of course she would say that, shes your friend." So I said that I would like to cancel all the dresses and I would sent my BM up there for a refund, and she said NO- there arent refunds.

I WANT TO SCREAM!!!! Then to boot, I slipped and said "are you "F"ing serious. She said," I dont need to listen to this from someone like you" and hung up the phone. OMG!! I have bought 4 bridesmaid dresses there from past weddings and my wedding dress from there, always been super friendly and nice to them. And she says "someone like me" WHT does that mean? Then hangs up.

BUYER BEWARE- DO NOT GO THERE. Everything seems fine while your spending your money, but the after service IS HORRIBLE!

Re: update** Wendys bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks that you are going through that with them. If I was to be treated like that or get service like that I would definitely go above Ann and speak to either her superior or the owners. That is just uncalled for. It was their mistake for not ordering your dresses, so they shouldn't expect you to pay for it.

The only other thing I would do, if you don't go above her head, would be to file a complaint with the BBB. My understanding of the BBB is that if a customer files a complaint on a company, that company must resolve the issue with the customer before they get a better rating or the complaint is taken off their record? I would at least look into it. 

And I know it is super frustrating and I can't control my temper at times either, especially times like the one you are in, but you get more with sugar than salt. So if you call her superior, calm down first and try to be as nice as you possibly can! Hopefully all will work out for you and your girls get their dresses.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that really sucks. I would go to the owner if you can. So what about dresses? Are you going to get the one's they ordered? You could order some off of davids bridals website and they're sizes are very accurate. I took my girls measurements and ordered their dresses offline and besides them being a little long they fit perfect. AND we got them in less than a week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is ridiculous, I have never heard anything good about Wendy's.  I would go to the store and demand to speak to the owner (or have their contact info since they probably won't be there).  I would definitely file a complaint and would be tempted to call Howard Ain.

I guess these people don't respect their customers (basically the people who pay for and support their lives), and do they really think that customers they treat like that won't tell anyone else.  Any other company would be bending over backwards to make sure you were happy (especially since you bought YOUR dress there), and at the very least would cover the rush shipping charges.  And also I used to work in retail, and I don't care how wrong the customer was (not saying that you were wrong because I thouroughly believe it was their mistake) you could never tell the customer they were wrong.  Sorry, things like this fire me up :)

EDIT:  Actually, I would try to talk to the owners to resolve.  If you are still unsuccesful, I would go to the store and put the charge on my credit card and then dispute the charge with the credit card company.  And I think by Ann agreeing to pay half of the rush fee, that is admitting guilt on her part.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am so sorry this happened to you!  I wish I could say, what? That never happens there!  But this story is so familiar!!!!

My best friend ordered her wedding dress from there, they ordered the incorrect color -- and the invoice had it correctly, so did their paperwork.  Then they had the audacity to say that the manufacturer had gone out of business and discontinued her dress so it could not be fixed!!!!

It was so bad that it came to a lawsuit that my friend WON!  But we ended up having to buy an entirely new dress!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a bad experience there just last month.  I found a dress I liked and was going to buy it when my mom noticed a snag in it that came from the lady pulling on it when I was trying it on.  So my mom pointed it out to the lady and she said that they could steam it out.  So they tried but it did not come out.  She said that these dresses are not going to be perfect.  So she starts rubbing her fingernail across the snag to try to get it out and tells us she can cut it out.  My mom asked her how often they get new dresses in and she said they never get new dresses in.  They just seemed very shady and rude and were honestly expecting me to buy a dress that they had put a snag in.  So I went to David's Bridal and had a wonderful experience there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you had such a sucky experience. It's just ridiculous. I'm not sure you could dispute the shipping charge on your credit card if you pay the $30, though. I remember hearing something about the charge having to be over $50 to do that, but I'm not sure. And it probably depends on the credit card you have.

It just amazes me how rude some wedding related businesses allow themselves to be considering the amount of talking and sharing so many brides do online. How do these vendors feel so invincible?

I think calling Ann's supervisor might be a good idea and if you decide not to cancel the order, ask them for a confirmation e-mail of the dresses having been rush ordered and the final bill amount. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who makes the dresses?  If they haven't ordered them, could you try an online retailer?  A few vendors do rush, and you might save a little money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks guys. I said that since they werent ordered I wanted the money back on them and they called me back today and said they "just ordered them this morning, and dont except returns or give refunds." GOD I HATE THIS PLACE. I did file with the BBB after I got off the phone with them. Then headed up there to talk to her face to face. She wasnt there,but I picked up my $200 belt that doesnt fit around me!- and the other manager (whom I bought at least 3 dresses from for past weddings) was super nice. I told her all about it. She said she couldnt get into the middle of it, but that she would get the rush shipping costs for the dresses covered. But they couldnt do anything about the belt, Id have to get it attached to my dress since I said that was my size. She was way better than Ann, but still....

BEWARE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards