Utah

"budget" cake

I'm getting married in Park City in June.  I have no idea where to get our cake!  We both live in Salt Lake, so I've looked at places like Granite Bakery, but I'm worried a delivery fee would get pricey driving up to PC. 
Does anyone know of any places up there to order a cake, and also maybe just cheaper cake places in general?
Thanks!

Re: "budget" cake

• shauntae930shauntae930 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try wantmysweettreats.com I'm not sure how much a delivery fee would be but they are cheaper than granite bakery
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on how far you want to travel, there's a lady in Riverton that's offering discounts on her cakes right now (I think it's $100 off any cake, but not positive)
  • LindseyMorrisLindseyMorris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in PC are you getting married? So am I! There are cake makers at each of the ski resorts I believe. I'm getting married at The Canyons, they're also our caterer and have pastry chefs available if we choose to do the cake through them. Also try Snow Park Bakery (that's Deer Valley's) and Windy Ridge Baker might also do wedding cakes!

Another idea is to have just one tier the actual cake, and the rest I believe is styrofoam. You cut into the real part and then they take it away to "be cut" and bring out sheet cake which you can get just about anywhere and have a family member/friend drive both up!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Park City Mountain Resort, and it's weird because they require you use them for catering, however they don't do cakes! It's kind of obnoxious!  Thanks for the tips, I'll have to check out the other resorts.  I might try to do the styrofoam idea-that's brilliant... and cheap!

Thanks a bunch girls!

• edited December 2011

Hi Lindsey,

I am getting married at the Canyons too.  I was just wondering if you were having a band or DJ.  I'm having a hard time finding a DJ that has worked there before, do you know of any? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards