July 2012 Weddings

My Hair Trial PIP

So I had my hair trial yesterday, and I want everyone's honest opinions please! I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, but it took a couple tries to get there. Because of that, it's pretty frizzy and covered in hairspray, and it definitely will not look like that for the wedding. I also wore my hair in a ponytail yesterday so I have this obnoxious bump at the top of the curls in the back that won't be there either.

The hardest part for me was the veil, I just think it looks so much better with just the flower. But I do like the way the veil looks with my dress. So I'll just suck it up for the ceremony and for pictures and take it out for the reception. I also think I want a few more curled strands of hair hanging down to soften the look. But anyway, please let me know what you think!

Photobucket

Re: My Hair Trial PIP

• Love it!! I think it looks really great!  The placement of the veil looks perfect and I think it goes well with the flower.

Did you have a makeup trial too?  I love your eyeshadow!
  • I really like the style! It looks great. The onnnne and only teeny tiny critique I have is, I don't love the veil and flower together. I think I'd wear just the veil for the ceremony then take the veil out and put the flower in for the reception. So, like a little hair piece swap, if you will. If you want pics with both, then maybe you can make the swap in the middle of pictures, so you have formal pics both ways.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I also love it!  I agree with mbody about the veil and the flower. I love them both I am just not a HUGE fan of them together. I think adding the extra curls will help to soften the look as well!
  • I agree with mbody as well.  But besides that it looks great!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think you girls are right about the flower and veil combo. Maybe that's what I wasn't loving about the veil when it was in?? The flower is just a simple clip but I'm still nervous about screwing something up putting it in by myself!

And penny, thank you for the makeup compliment! I didn't have a trial, that was how I wore my makeup that day.
    Photobucket
  • I personally love your hair, and I'm really picky about wedding hair!  But then again, I think my hairstyle is pretty similar to yours!  There are a couple curls that look a little loose, but I'm sure your hairstylist is going to make sure everything is secure on your wedding day.I do agree with the other posters, the veil and the flower together might be too much. 

• looks amazing!! yay!! beautiful girl!!
  • awww your hair looks great!!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LOVE it!  That style is perfect on you.

I'm going to agree about wearing the veil by itself.  I feel like they're too pretty individually to put together.  If the flower is just a clip it'll be REALLY easy for someone to clip it into your hair for the reception.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I love it!! I also agree about the veil and flower. The flower seems a bit big- it would look better if it was a bit smaller.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_my-hair-trial-pip-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b9d763a7-f88b-4995-92cb-a9f873a6478bPost:99aab6a7-89bf-4398-b202-04aead4258f6">Re: My Hair Trial PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE it!  That style is perfect on you. I'm going to agree about wearing the veil by itself.  I feel like they're too pretty individually to put together.  If the flower is just a clip it'll be REALLY easy for someone to clip it into your hair for the reception.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]
    Yes, like they are both so pretty that I think they need to be 'showcased' by themselves. With both, I feel like they are competing with each other and it's a bit too much. But, don't get me wrong, I don't think they look BAD together. If you decide to do the swap, it will be easy peasy to clip the flower in. And someone can even do it for you.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to Re:My Hair Trial PIP:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Hair Trial PIP:LOVE it!nbsp; That style is perfect on you. I'm going to agree about wearing the veil by itself.nbsp; I feel like they're too pretty individually to put together.nbsp; If the flower is just a clip it'll be REALLY easy for someone to clip it into your hair for the reception.Posted by k8888Yes, like they are both so pretty that I think they need to be 'showcased' by themselves. With both, I feel like they are competing with each other and it's a bit too much. But, don't get me wrong, I don't think they look BAD together. If you decide to do the swap, it will be easy peasy to clip the flower in. And someone can even do it for you. Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

I agree completely about the veil and flower thing. They're both very beautiful but I think they're asking for their own spotlight. :

I looove your style its perfect on you and I can see it going very well with your wedding day style!!
  • I absolutely love it - the hairstyle is beautiful and perfect for you!!

I totally agree about the veil and flower, though. Both of them are stunning, and I think they would be prettier by themselves than smooshed together.  I will probably end up doing what mbody suggested - switching hairpieces in the middle of pictures so I can get photos with each hairpiece look. I think that's a fabulous idea and would be great for you too :)
  • I totally agree! I'm going to do the same thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww you look gorgeous, Laurel! I agree about the veil/flower thing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards