Congrats!! Welcome to The Knot & The July 2011 board!
We are so excited to have more and more brides join us!! Please do not be shy, we were once newbies here as well and would love to hear about your recent engagement and planning thus far!
July 2011 knotties LOVE:
1. An Detailed Intro.- Who doesn't love details? Whether you're a newbie or a lurker on our board, please post & tell us a little about yourself. We'd love to know about you & your FI, your date, your wedding colors, how many people in your BP, where you're from and anything else you'd like to add!!
2. A Bio.- All knotties love bios! We love to check out each others venues, attire, DIY ideas & accomplishments and so on. Plus, we even get some ideas from your ideas. We think Bios are the best way to share in each others wedding plans. Please, take the time to create one. Over time we've discovered the following websites are free & very user-friendly: http://www.mywedding.com/ http://www.weebly.com/
If you need any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
3. July 2011 Knottie Site-We have a site dedicated specifically for us! It is great to have all of our information in one place and to share tips & ideas! If you would like to be added, please page me with the following information:
You & Your FI's Name
Location (state you live in)
Planning Bio Link (if you have one)
*Additional information can be added at any time*
Here are some helpful directions to some of the most commonly asked questions on TK! HTH!
HOW DO I PUT A PICTURE IN MY SIGGY (SIGNATURE)?
1. Upload your picture to a web-hosting site. Photobucket works the best (www.photobucket.com
2. Choose the code option with the html code and post it into your signature (found through "my knot" and edit profile).
HOW DO I PUT A PIP (PICTURE IN POST)?
1. Upload your picture to a web-hosting site. Photobucket works the best.
2. Choose the direct link to the picture, you will know you have the direct link because it will end in .jpg (or other picture file). Another way to verify is to right click on the picture and go down to properties to see the URL.
3. Then go to www.tinyurl.com
to make your URLs small.
4. Use this code for the post: [img]YOUR TINY URL HERE[*/img]
5. Be sure to take out the asterick (*)
HOW DO I MAKE A BIO?
Choose a planning bio. site (most of the girls use) www.mywedding.com
. They are both free of charge and very user friendly! Mywedding has the option for your guests to rsvp online and to request song choices for your reception. Weebly allows you to have bigger pictures and add more pages.
BIO IS DONE, WANT TO PUT IT IN YOUR SIGGY?
1. Make the URL to your bio short by using tinyurl or snipurl.
2. Use this code for a clickable link in your signature: [url]YOUR URL HERE[*/url]
3.Be sure to take out the asterick (*)
HOW DO I MAKE A URL CLICKABLE IN MY POST?
1.The easiest way is to hit space and/or enter after the link.
2. Otherwise, the code to make it clickable is: [url]YOUR URL HERE[*/url]
3. Be sure to take out the asterick (*)
WHAT IS A SIGGY CHALLENGE?
A siggy challenge is not exactly a "challenge" persay. You are not competing with anyone nor are you voting on anyone. What knotties mean by "siggy challenge" is, the board votes on a particular subject (WR or NWR) and all the girls who want to participate on that board post a picture of what pertains to that subject in their siggy.
For example, July 2011's first siggy challenge was voted "flowers you want in your wedding". This means, this particular siggy challenge was "WR" (wedding related) and each girl found a picture of a bouquet or just a single flower (whatever their preference) and put the picture of their choice in their siggy. (On how to post pictures in siggy, please read the HOW-TO post.) The girls on the 7/11 board tend to use http://www.picnik.com/
to create a more fun siggy, but for those of you brides who like to keep it simple, we've noticed http://www.photobucket.com/
is the easiest to upload pictures onto. Siggy challenges are really just a way for us to get to know one another better. We get to see each other's inspiration, ideas, and interests in every post they make. It's a fun, simple way to make the board more "alive".
HOW DO I GET ADDED TO THE JULY 2011 FACEBOOK PAGE?
Create a post on the board with my attention (Kim or kls114) & leave state your initials! Once I receive them and a message from FB, I will add you.
Other than that, enjoy every moment of your wedding planning! We hope that we are as much help to you as other knotties have been to us! We are here for your questions (believe me, there are plenty of them) or concerns!
July 2011 Moderator