Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Jamaica, St. John's, Turks, or Costa Rica

We are going on our honeymoon soon! July 1-7th! and we are a bit behind!!

We are adventerous and love the water! Would love to do jet skiing, beach volleyball, etc.

Budget 3500 

Any suggestions!?

Re: Honeymoon Jamaica, St. John's, Turks, or Costa Rica

• Options
    Mexico-Yucatan Penninsula Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso or Jamaica-Negril, The Caves. Both all-inclusive and both wonderful!
  • Options
    do you mean St John's (the capital of antigua) OR St John USVI?

• Options
    i totally recommend Costa Rica! I would love to go back myself but it is absolutely beautiful and there is a lot to do. If you do go there i would recommend zip lining over the rainforest and the Natural Hot Springs! (AMAZING). We also did horseback riding to some waterfalls which was a lot of fun too
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am thinking that Turks & St. Johns are likley out of budget if the $3500 is for everything but excursions (hotel, airfair, food, & drinks)...but that's just based on the research I've done and your situation could be different. They are going to be significantly more than Jamaica and Costa Rico though if you compare apples to apples on resorts. So with that budget out of the 4 I would choose Costa Rica.

I know you didn't list Mexico but I found that I could afford much nicer places to stay in Mexico (Riviera Maya, Play Del Carmen, Cancun) over Costa Rica and basically everywhere else (excluding the DR... I want to do a lot of excursions and the DR didn't have as many options) and my budget was $3000 ($1000 of which went to airfair from Boston). Ended up being able to book a nice all inclusive governor suite- 1200sqft room with a balcony on the patio.
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Costa Rica is such a beautiful place!  There is so much to do and like someone else said I would definitely go zip lining and to the hot springs!
    May 25, 2012
  • Options
    We're going to cruz bay, st john for a week.  we rented a condo that is close to everything.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g147410-d2370130-The_Cottage-Cruz_Bay_St_John_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

I looked at their rates for July and for a full week its $1250.  I think with flights/food/excursion you could get away with spending only $3,500.

Aslo, you can easily take a ferry over to St Thomas to enjoy doing things over there too.  I've heard St Thomas is the more lively/nightlife island and St John is the more laidback island. 
  • Options
    Sorry, I was talking about St Johns Antigua... not sure which one OP meant.

126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • Options
    i didnt even know there was a st.john antigua! LOL
  • Options
    Gia2Gia2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Can anyone tell me where they stayed in costa rica and any recommendations on whether to use a travel agent or a website . Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have never been there, but would say TA over online for going pretty much anywhere. Just do your research online first to make sure they arn't over charging you, plus some of them will match a price deal you find online.

I prefer TA because if anything happens when your down there you just have to call your TA and they will help you and walk you through anything that your having issues with. I bet expeida and orbitz won't do that for you :p and sometimes they can get you perks too (free upgraded room; honeymoon package; etc.)
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards