Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Adults Only, All Inclusive Sugggestions

Considering St. Lucia, but wondering if anyone has any other adults only, all inclusive suggestions?  Anyone that has been to St. Lucia and stayed at Sandals Halycon?

Have been to Riviera Maya Mexico, and we loved it, but we want to try somewhere different.

We're looking for somewhere with a variety of restaurants, at least a few pools, and something to do outside of the resort. 

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Re: Adults Only, All Inclusive Sugggestions

• Options
    I have a similar request for adults only, all inclusive resorts in Mexico!  Where did you stay in the Riviera Maya?

Thanks for letting my piggy back on your post :)
  • Options
    Have you considered Jamaica?  FI and I just booked our honeymoon to Couples Tower Isle.  It's an adults only, all-inclusive.  They have multiple restuarants (I think maybe 6 or 8?), a couple pools (I think it might just be 2..don't know for sure though), and there are activities and excursions that are included in the price you pay.  Check out the reviews on trip advisor.  They are great!  Oh, and it's cheaper than Sandals....

There are also other Couples resorts (all in Jamaica)...there are 4 total: 2 in Ocho Rios and  2 in Negril.  Each have their different vibe and feel.  One of my coworkers went to Couples Negril and said it was amazing!
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options
    Just got back from the grande in st Lucia ( it was our second time there). We had an amazing time! The halcyon is the oldest resort with very little beach, la toc is nice very spread out and very little beach the water was so rough the weren't letting peopl in, the grande is the newest and has an amazing beach. I have pics and a review from our first time there and pics and daily diaries from last week in he link above my siggy pic. Hth and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • Options
    For Riveria Maya, AI-Adults only I rec Secrets Maroma Beach or Iberostar Grand Paraiso (there are other hotels on Iberostar's resort, but the Grand is adults only)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Rojacobs-  We stayed at El Dorado Royale and LOVED it.  We stayed in the most basic room and it included a jacuzzi in the room and a balcony.  The food was great and the resort was gorgeous.  I want to say there was about 10 restaurants...and quite a few pools.  We got a great price for it when we went last summer too...it was 1150 per person for 5 nights including airfare.  If you want more info on it, pm me, I'd love to share more!!

pzavecz-  I haven't looked too much at Jamaica, I will take a look, thanks!  I haven't looked at the Couples resorts either...they sound great thanks for the recommendation!

Monkeygirl- love your site...so helpful!  We're not huge beach people so the beach isn't high on our list..but we like that we have the option to visit the other 2 sandals.  From what I've read from Tripadvisor reviews it seems like Halycon might fit us best.  How would you rate St. Lucia as compared to the other places you've went?  Where was your favorite place?
  • Options
    We've done Secrets a few times and really enjoyed them but started going to Sandals back in 2010.  Our first trip was to St. Lucia Regency and we felt it "nicer" than Secrets.  Secrets is definitely more modern, but we liked the locations of the Sandals and all of the different room/dining options within in. 
    We loved Regency (so much so that we've gone to Whitehouse, Royal Plantation, Grande Riviera, Emerald Bay, and Beaches Turks-- 30th birthdays and babymoon's to celebrate).  We chose it because it had the most dining options and it seemed to be the most intimate even though it was huge- but it is really spread out. 
    We've had friends stay and swear by Couples Resorts, but with the Sandals points deal, it doesn't make sense for us to stay there. 
    We've always been upgraded and felt we were highly looked after, but we use a travel agent, so I think that does make a difference.  (In talking to people at the resorts, it seems as though the ones that used TA's got the most perks.)  If you are looking for a recommendation, shoot me a PM and I'll send you her info.  I've only worked with her over email and phone and she makes it super easy.
    You can't go wrong in St. Lucia.  I wish there were a Beaches there!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_adults-only-all-inclusive-sugggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:09a68614-5330-4933-aa1c-80f4b9b10f20Post:c80a5f5b-9c60-4f56-ad51-74143d3d38e2">Re: Adults Only, All Inclusive Sugggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered Jamaica?  FI and I just booked our honeymoon to Couples Tower Isle.  It's an adults only, all-inclusive.  They have multiple restuarants (I think maybe 6 or 8?), a couple pools (I think it might just be 2..don't know for sure though), and there are activities and excursions that are included in the price you pay.  Check out the reviews on trip advisor.  They are great!  Oh, and it's cheaper than Sandals.... There are also other Couples resorts (all in Jamaica)...there are 4 total: 2 in Ocho Rios and  2 in Negril.  Each have their different vibe and feel.  One of my coworkers went to Couples Negril and said it was amazing!
    Posted by pzavecz[/QUOTE]

We stayed at Couples Tower Isle for our HM last July and truly had the time of our lives. The excursions they offer are amazing, the restaurants are amazing, there are 2 that you make reservations for and 2 that you can just walk into for dinner, 2 for lunch and then an amazing breakfast buffet, or you can get room service breakfast delivered!  I would highly recommend it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_adults-only-all-inclusive-sugggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:09a68614-5330-4933-aa1c-80f4b9b10f20Post:c80a5f5b-9c60-4f56-ad51-74143d3d38e2">Re: Adults Only, All Inclusive Sugggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered Jamaica?  <strong>FI and I just booked our honeymoon to Couples Tower Isle.</strong>  It's an adults only, all-inclusive.  They have multiple restuarants (I think maybe 6 or 8?), a couple pools (I think it might just be 2..don't know for sure though), and there are activities and excursions that are included in the price you pay.  Check out the reviews on trip advisor.  They are great!  Oh, and it's cheaper than Sandals.... There are also other Couples resorts (all in Jamaica)...there are 4 total: 2 in Ocho Rios and  2 in Negril.  Each have their different vibe and feel.  One of my coworkers went to Couples Negril and said it was amazing!
    Posted by pzavecz[/QUOTE]

Yay!! I am going to CSS, wedding & honeymoon...weddingmoon as they call it.  Couples is top notch, def check them out!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Antigua rates as most beautiful island Jamaica most beautiful sunset and cheapest Mexico most beautiful resort and room, great culture( Myan ruins were amazing) Key west lots of museums, great room,nice snorkeling, lots of history, no good beaches St Lucia lovely resorts, lots of off resort excursions, friendly people, intersting scenery and culture We've been to SL twice KW will be three times ( going in June). We'd like to get back to Mexico but Costa Rica is up next.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards