• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Reporting back... I found a dress!

So I got a dress today at the Running of the Brides. We got there around 1pm, but the racks were still full of dresses. Women were trying them on everywhere so I went through the racks and then dove in myself. It's not quite as special as being in a nice salon with a consultant, but the randomness and craziness of it made it more fun.
I took my mom and FI's mom with me and they were really helpful. They gave their opinions, but kept them limited at the same time. We took a full length mirror, which we didn't really need, but it was really nice so I could look at the front and back at the same time.

I liked 3 or 4 of the dresses I tried on, but one had a noticeable dark spot on the front and the other was a little too sparkly. I tried this one on about 3 times and just kept looking at myself in it. Not what I had imagined, but it fits my personality and our wedding better than some of the others I'd found. I'm still surprised I didn't get one with ruching, but they didn't really have any at the sale. Oh, and the best news... it was only $250. I didn't even look at the price tag until I had decided to buy it, so that was an extra bonus!

We'll be adding beaded cap sleeves to the dress. Oh, and I'll probably be switching the ribbon out for one that is closer to the tone of the dress. Peach doesn't really match our colors, but it looks great on the dress.

Re: Reporting back... I found a dress!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards