• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

I can't believe I am actually...

doing a DIY project!

I am an anti DIY bride. Mostly because I don't have time and I am not crafty at all! Seriously I am the least domestic person ever. I don't even cook.

BUT I am taking on a project! My table numbers. I purchased 30 table numbers from etsy and I am going to spray paint them silver and spray glitter them to sparkle on the table.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48064108/wedding-or-banquet-custom-table-numbers

They came in today and look great. I searched craft stores all over and couldnt find ones that came with stands. I can't wait to test spray paint them. I told my mom about it and she suggested I hire someone to do this for me (she knows how uncrafty I am) but I am determined to do it myself.

Hopefully I will have one done for Sunday to post.

Anyone doing anything for their wedding they never thought they would/could do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I can't believe I am actually...

• Sweet!  Good for you!!  Those are gonna look awesome when you're done (and I'm sure you'll do a great job yourself!)

One DIY project I'm super excited to try is those cute clothes hangers I've seen a few girls on here made for their BM's.  I'd never seen those before, and they are just so adorable.  So someday I'll hopefully work up the nerve to get started on them!
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome to the world of DIY! Don't be scared - you can do it! Warning: it's addictive.

I've never been crafty in my life, at least not until I started DIY'ing wedding stuff. To answer your question, the one thing I never thought I would be able to DIY was my pomanders, and they turned out really nice.

Can't WAIT to see pics of your project!!! Good luck!
  • my invites are a big one!  While I consider myself a crafty person, I never expected them to turn out the way they are-I am so happy with them and every little piece I add to them just makes me so much happier.  I seriously want to send them out now because I am so proud.  I should post a picture of the progress but I haven't taken one yet :(

I have lots of others lined up that I didn't think I would do-mostly flowers.  I worked in a florist and our flowers are fairly simple.  I couldn't believe what they were going to charge me, so I'm doing them myself!

I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • In Response to Re: I can't believe I am actually...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe I am actually... : I have PIB of the 13 I did... they are wicked easy! If you need help let me know!
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]

I wanna know!  I've actually been wanting to do this.  But... I don't know what kind of hangers to get, what kind of wire  all that kind of stuff.  Please!  Do tell!
  • Thanks Lib!!!  I will definitely be talking to you!! I just have to get my butt in gear and actually go out to buy the supplies..lol!

When I have a day or two that I'll know I have time I'll let you know!
  • Yay sweet!!!  Thanks!

Maybe I'll make that next weekend's project..

• Thanks so much!  I'll have to try this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards