July 2011 Weddings

S/O hotels

H asked me last night what my favorite thing about staying in a hotel is and it was tough to answer. Eventually I said having a pool and hot tub to use, but sometimes it's obnoxious because if all the other people. So I was wondering what do you ladies like best about staying in a hotel?
And GO!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O hotels

• Depending on the hotel, usually the comfy, well-made up bed and abundance of pillows. Can you tell I'm not a great housekeeper?? haha

Also, depending like you said, the pool/hot tub and fitness center, and also the staff/service. We've been pretty spoiled lately since we haven't stayed in any hotels since the wedding/honeymoon (well, I haven't- H has been on a few business trips.) And, those were superb!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary
  • Just the relaxed sense of not having to clean up after myself! I know that sounds terrible but its nice to just scatter stuff about for a week! And pools are nice too!
  • hmm...i like the laziness.

at home i feel guilty staying in bed and not cleaning, straigtening, whatever...

at a hotel - no reason to feel guilty!
  • A/C because we don't have one!
  • I agree with the girls!  I was gonna say leaving the room and coming back to clean towels and a made bed!  I love that!
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Typically if we are staying in a hotel it is because we are on vacation or doing something fun (wedding) so that in and of itself is fun and one of the reasons I like staying. I do agree that I also love the comfy beds and pillows and not having to clean up after myself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the giant beds!!!!!!!! H and I are still sleeping on our old double. It is not enough room for 2 people let me tell you! lol
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ditto to all comfy bed! tons of pillows and not having to clean up after H Tongue Out
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:fbca3459-144d-4d3f-9a19-11ec2a21b417">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the giant beds!!!!!!!! H and I are still sleeping on our old double. It is not enough room for 2 people let me tell you! lol
    Posted by ShellyM2011[/QUOTE]

<div>We have a full size bed too! I hate it! We are getting new bedroom furniture when we move. I can't wait! King size bed....here we come!</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:0b165c15-7403-4dfe-b29b-f652e527d93c">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O hotels : We have a full size bed too! I hate it! We are getting new bedroom furniture when we move. I can't wait! King size bed....here we come!
    Posted by kasabby[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous! I've been begging for a new bed since we got married. I keep telling him we will have so much more room for activities!!

Maybe we ca get one as a Christmas present to each other.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:14865241-6a82-4aa9-a310-d495c1e8d48e">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just the relaxed sense <strong>of not having to clean up after myself! I know that sounds terrible but its nice to just scatter stuff about for a week!</strong> And pools are nice too!
    Posted by bridetobemo[/QUOTE]

LOL! H and I always joke about how we manage to "wreck" every hotel room we stay in with our stuff scattered EVERYWHERE and that's even when we are only there for one night!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:abf2fc35-0bbf-4529-bc6e-9417c8134e8c">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Hotel sex. </strong> It is always better + no worries about making a mess. oh, I'm sorry, not TMI Thursday, but you asked!
    Posted by JessieSullivan[/QUOTE]

Haha. I love you Jessie! When I asked H his favorite part this was his answer! And I agree it is always better for some reason!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:abf2fc35-0bbf-4529-bc6e-9417c8134e8c">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hotel sex.  It is always better + no worries about making a mess. oh, I'm sorry, not TMI Thursday, but you asked!
    Posted by JessieSullivan[/QUOTE]

LOL I have so many hotel sex stories...except they don't involve ME having sex.  The trip I just went on requires adults to be up all night in the halls making sure the kids are staying in their rooms and behaving.  7 trips x 7 nights each = lots of stories on the bus the next morning between the adults about what we hear in the halls at night.

Needless to say, it's made me very self conscious about hotel sex.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:182c8c6a-00c2-441b-8b5d-a584d373cbe0">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the girls!  I was gonna say leaving the room and coming back to clean towels and a made bed!  I love that!
    Posted by Leah&JP[/QUOTE]

This was by far the best thing about our honeymoon cruise. Everytime we left the room we came back to a cleaned room and made bed. It was amazing!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    2500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Hotels, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:

1.  Room service
    2.  King size bed
    3.  Luxurious furnishings and decor
    4.  Housekeeping staff
    5.  Turn-down service

That's my top 5.  Add "view" if it's my favorite hotel (in Aruba).  Our room there always faces the water.  *sigh*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_so-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:341297b4-6416-44ee-bf66-ab71a934a1b9Post:fbca3459-144d-4d3f-9a19-11ec2a21b417">Re: S/O hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the giant beds!!!!!!!! H and I are still sleeping on our old double. It is not enough room for 2 people let me tell you! lol
    Posted by ShellyM2011[/QUOTE]

OMG for the first month hubby and i lived together we slept on his old double bed, it was horrible, I literally slept flat on my back because I was afraid if I rolled over I'd be flat on the floor!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards