Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Turks Caicos? Maldives? Tahiti? Fiji?

So my fiance and I would love to stay in one of the huts over the water. Now I know Turks and Caicos does not have them and other places do, such as the above places and Barbados I think, but which place has what? For example, TC is very laid back and not much to do but relax. We want to relax and all, but we also want to hang out at night. We don't want all inclusive because then were stuck in that certain area unless we want to pay major cab fare. What do you suggest? We also don't want to stay in a hotel type setting the whole time. Were thinking a couple of days in a bungalow and than somewhere cheaper. Suggestions? Thank you in advance!!:-)

Re: Turks Caicos? Maldives? Tahiti? Fiji?

• Options
    The top place to go for the overwater bungalows is French Polynesia - the most popular places would be Moorea and Bora Bora, with Moorea being less expensive than Bora Bora. These places come with high costs - expect to pay upwards of $10,000 for the week. Maldives is gorgeous and also has some beautiful properties with OWBs but will cost even more than Tahiti and the flight will take forrrrever. Fiji only has one resort with OWBs- Likuliku Lagoon resort. FI and I are staying there for part of our honeymoon. Fiji is more laidback than Tahiti and more cost effective. Likuliku's costs do include meals, so this might not be what you're looking for. My guess is that from lowest - highest in costs, it'll be T&C, Fiji, Tahiti, Maldives. T&C is also the closest distance-wise, but you also won't get the OWBs. If you're thinking of splurging for a few days, then doing something cheaper, I'd suggest checking out Fiji. I had my heart set on Tahiti until I read up on Fiji and I was sold.
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    Our HM is in Fiji and we originally considered Maldives as well. We ended up choosing Fiji for several reasons. The biggest factors were that we would have our own bure (bungalow) with a private outdoor courtyard with an outdoor shower and a private outdoor jacuzzi with waterfall. They also offer complimentary spa services for honeymooners and the biggest wow factor of all was their "Honeymoon Beach". The hotel workers drive you over to a private island on one of their boats and drop you and your DH off with a picnic lunch and bottle of wine and come back several hours later to pick you up. In other words.. the island is yours for the afternoon with no one else around! The only thing we're not looking forward to is the long plane ride, but we're just so excited to get as far away from home as possible and just relax and enjoy nothing but each other for 10 days!  HTH! :0)
  • Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!! Thank you very much for your help!!!:-)
  • Options
    OMG we just got back from TCI! We were in the same predicament - we were going to go to Tahiti but I just could not do the flight! There was a ton to do in TCI - if you like the water/snorkeling! It was absolutly amazing! TOns of awesome restaurants - but no shopping really. But I was okay with that because the island and resort we stayed at was very very expensive. My FI cannot just sit on the beach, but because Grace Bay is like 10 miles long, we would walk up and down the beach and snorkel. The snorkeling is amazing and there are many places you can go for free right off of the beach. THe hotel we stayed at was incredible - first class all the way. The Grace Bay Club - you get an chaffeured escalade all over the island and you get a personal concierge that gives you a cell phone - anything you want, they are at your disposal. Like tahiti - TCI was super expensive - we budgeted about 10k and we came in a little under. We stayed on the island for 10 days. We did not want to do an all inclusive b/c they can be more on the "family" side in my opinion of the ones I have stayed at. And the staff is less available to you. Hope this helps!! If you do decide on TCI let me know and I will give you info on what to do! Good luck!
  • Options
    I would love the info about the place you guys stayed at...sounds fabulous!!! What did the airfare run you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards