• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

AW: Restoring Sanity/and or fear today - PIP

Posting this because a few fellow July Knotties said they wanted to go too!

FI at the Rally:

How far back we were!  We couldn't hear until we saw Cat Stevens.  Forgot to take any cute pics of us together, it was too crazy.  Yep - we're looking at the stage.  Kind of.

My poster:

FI's poster:

Photobucket

Re: AW: Restoring Sanity/and or fear today - PIP

• edited October 2010
    what exactly was this for?? I must have missed the thread??
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry Littlemoments, I just edited to put the pics in, accidently posted too soon.

This is the John Stewart/ Comedy Central Rally in DC.  The point being: let's stop talking in extremes - left vs right - and show everyone what reasonable moderates we can be.  There were at least twice as many people there today than at Glen Beck's Tea party rally. 

(Yes, everyone knows that John Stewart is pretty far to the left, but his speech at the end about being reasonable was amazing.)
    Photobucket
  • That's really cool that you got to go!!
    image Anniversary
  • Awesome Awesome!!  Must have been a great experience!

• LOVE STEWART/COLBERT!!! I am super jealous!!

• Wow!  What a crowd.  We ran into a lot of folks afterwards ... large groups making their way into bars/restaurants.  My son's football game wrapped @ 5:00, so we had lots of ralliers in the local watering hole immediately following.  Everyone looked happy!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_aw-restoring-sanity-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:6c69a08f-9e23-4997-9e72-f0e5b73d4890Post:bde1098b-9ce4-4f8f-8ecb-a3bf7c8dee2f">Re: AW: Restoring Sanity/and or fear today - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!  What a crowd.  We ran into a lot of folks afterwards ... large groups making their way into bars/restaurants.  My son's football game wrapped @ 5:00, so we had lots of ralliers in the local watering hole immediately following.  Everyone looked happy!!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

I know!  FI and I walked to Chinatown and then to McPhereson Square, and we couldn't find anywhere at all that wasn't too crowded to sit down, except the quiznos.   We had to metro home and get a pizza, and we never saw any of our 20 friends or so that were all separately attending. Crazy. 
    Photobucket
  • We were there too, about two blocks from the stage! 

FI and me at rally:

First Date: March 10, 2007
    Engaged: August 21, 2010
    Wedding: June 4, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards