July 2011 Weddings

I'm New!

Hello Ladies,

I am new to this board, I've been using my local board mostly and am just discovering this one!!

I'm Kristin, my fiance's name is Doug and we're from Maine.  I am a first year medical student, he is an electrician.  We've been engaged for 9 months now and are planning a July 2011 wedding.  We got engaged with the plan of having a long engagement.  Actually it got shortended when we started thinking about planning, we..wel really I decided let's not wait that long.  Initially we thought we'd wait until I finish school (just under 4 years from now).  We decided on our date because it's at the end of my 2nd year, which if any of you are familiar with the way medical school works you know that's the point of transition; our classes end and we start our clinical training through rotations. 

It's all very exciting and every step we take in planning makes me that much more excited for the big day! We don't have anything booked yet, we're still looking at venues.  We know which church we want to get married at, it's just a matter of booking it.  I'm not worried about it though, we still have plenty of time and we live in a rural area so I don't forsee it getting booked quickly.  I go home in a couple of weeks for Christmas break..during my 2 weeks off we'll be looking at venues and possibly book the church.

How far along in the planning process are the rest of you?

Re: I'm New!

• Congrats and welcome to the board!! Are you going for your DO degree in Maine? If so I know the school you are at I went there for my undergrad and am doing my masters online there too.
    Planning is awesome. We have our church, reception, and photographer booked. Good luck with your planning!
    My Bio
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Thanks! :) That is exactly where I am :). I love it!! What program are you doing? 
  • Welcome & Congrats!!!

Wow you have alot going on--but watch time will fly!! Did you get engaged in February too?? ;-)

We have the church, venue, photographer/videographer & DJ booked!! YAY!! Loving all the planning so far!!! So much fun!!

The girls here are great & have excellent ideas!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I'm doing the masters of public health degree. When I did my undergrad I actually worked for the recruitment, student, and alumni services office with Dean Kelly, (I'm assuming she's still there) for the med school. It's a great school!
    My Bio
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Thanks girls! No I got engaged in March..I probably miscounted...not operating on too much sleep.

Heather - yes Dean Kelly is still here! She's great!
  • Welcome!

When I tell people I've been engaged since September 2008, and that I'm planning a wedding in July 2011 they think that's pretty extreme.  

It kinda makes me sad when they start asking why such a long engagement and etc. I believe in FI and me and so do you ladies so that's all I need :)

Its hard having school to finish and money to get, and this is how it is. You know? Not much else to it.  

People are in love, they have plans, leave them alone? Lol, you know??
    Photobucket
  • In Response to Re: I'm New!:
    Its hard having school to finish and money to get, and this is how it is. You know? Not much else to it.   People are in love, they have plans, leave them alone? Lol, you know??
    Posted by kkdrechsel
    well said kk!Smile
  • OHHH I totally understand!  We'd been dating for 8 years before getting engaged; everyone was constintely asking when we were going to get married.  I always said welllllll I'd like to finish school first.  After getting engaged I shortened that a little, with all the excitement I figured why wait...so we still have a long engagement but not AS long. But now comes the whole budget thing...

• edited December 2009
    well you know where you can go if ya need advice or a different perspective!
  • Welcome to the group.

We had a lot of things all planned out but at the rate that we are going I think we may just end up in Jamaica. LOL

Tisha
  • LOL Tisha I hear you!

The budgeting can get really overwhelming really fast to yourself and the family!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards