Honeymoon Discussions

In YOUR opinion

How much is too much to spend on a 2 week honeymoon?1. Anything over $2K2. Anything over $5K3. Anything over $10K4. Anything over $15K5. Other?Also, what do you think is the average cost of a one week honeymoon?

Re: In YOUR opinion

• Wow thats a tuffy. I think it will be different for different people. My two week HM is over 15K, so I don't think thats too much. Depends on where you are going and what you want to do.As for 1 week, maybe 15k would be a little too splurgy, unless you are staying at the Taj Mahal ;)
  • Sara, you're getting married in SFL right? Where are you going for your HM???
  • Why yes I am! :)For the Hm were doing a week in Hawaii and a week in Bora Bora. We're staying at the Four Seasons so thats why the ticket price is high. It doesn't seem like it, but we did get a great deal lol
  • 1 or 2.  But I'm a cheapy.  We went for 10 days for $2,500 and had a WONDERFUL time!!!  Oh, and that included the cost of our wedding (we had a DW).  But I also can have a great time at the most meager of resorts, in fact, I prefer that to something expensive and fancy.
  • I'd probably spend the max that I could afford. We flew first class to our DW and I'm going to have trouble going back to economy. =( Champagne tastes, beer budget.
  • No such thing as too much for anything. It's all about what you can afford, without going into debt, and without sacrificing your other goals. Our honeymoon will be two weeks long and we figure that it will be about $10-12k. We're paying for it cash. We do not have any debt. We save, invest, etc. It's a small percentage of our annual incomes. I've been in far different financial circumstances in my life where even 2k would have been way too much for me personally to spend. So, really, I think that money is all relative.
  • well my 2.5 week HM cost over $15k.   But my real answer is (5).  aka what every you can afford.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Anything over 5K The average cost for a week: it really varies on where you go. But I'd guess $2500 for a week in some place like Mexico.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2 weeks? Probably anything over 10k depending on where you go. If you plan on going to Africa or the Maldives I could see easily spending $15k+.Average cost of a week honeymoon is probably $3k-$5k. We spent $6k for 10 days.
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We're doing about three weeks in Europe.  We're going to Rome for three days, then Athens for three days, then a 10 night cruise (Greece, Tunisia, Malta, Spain, Portugal), then Lisbon for two night.  Our air was each a little under $1000, cruise was about $700 each, hotels about $400 each, plus food when not on the cruise and tours and excursions, I think we'll come in about $6500 total for three weeks - I'm psyched I feel like i got a deal :)
  • 2. I want a house someday :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 5. Whatever you can afford.I dreamed/planned about the honeymoon more than the wedding itself!
  • depends on how much you make I guess. But for us, anything over 5k is insane. We spent close to $4,000
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "You knew me before I was born, and all the days of my life were ordained for me before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards