• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

would it be mean...

Re: would it be mean...

• Ok, I will play, even though I missed most of this! Lots of people probably wont miss me when I leave since I often stir up crap. Ooops! Although, I kinda don't think it is fair for people to hate someone because they stand up for their moral beliefs just because you don't agree.

I want to know who this mystery person is that nobody will name! I think I might know... should I say it out loud. OK, I will, because I don't think there is any love lost between her and anyone. I don't miss TNMurray. She came across as a zilla a lot-- had the attitude of "it is my wedding so I can do what I want!" She never posted to be happy with anyone, only to disagree. 

I am with you on the Peaches. I tried SOOOO hard to be nice to her, but she always had an attitude. I would ask her direct questions or make direct comments and she never replied. 
    Photobucket
  • I really dont think u stir up trouble bethany, and I like you, and I dont think people are being made fun of because of their beliefs. I think you are refering to sky when you said this, and I think that the problem with what she posted is that she wasnt respecting those who chose to live with their H before getting married. TNMurray pissed me off too. She def had a zilla attitude and many of her ideas and advice sounded just so awuful.
  • Oh yea TNMurray was just a total zilla and a diva. She just thought she was the best thing since sliced bread. Ugh her attitude was downright crappy.
  • Thanks Anali! I guess I'm just a little sensitive because I have such minority opinions sometimes =)  I liked Skye-- I think that she and I had a lot in common. I do remember that one thread now, though. Very high emotions all around!
    Photobucket
  • I totally missed out on the second half of this since I went to bed.

If only I could go back and find these threads without having to comb through thousands of posts. I'd totally devote a bored afternoon to doing that.
  • edited January 2012
    This thread was so EPIC. Eventhough part of me is thinking you ARE talking about me and are afraid to post it since I haven't posed in two months lol. Annnnd I was thinking most of the way through this post, "...those biznitches better not be talking about me!..." but it is nice to see that afew of you miss me.

I can't really think of anyone I don't miss that isn't on this list... Buuuuuut I will say there was one girl. I liked her, but her FI/H's hair drove me nuts. will someone please cut that sh*t off, it looks like a stick of butter.

sorry =)

• Oh man, this was awesome.  You need to send up some kind of batsignal for me when I'm not around so I don't miss this kind of thing!

And, I'd like to say, I originally posted the bird hat--the best part was that it was a taxidermied REAL bird! Just for fun....
  • Or remember the troll who said I look like a troll so Leah and Kara attacked her so fast she didn't know what hit her?
  • I DO remember her, Elyse!  Man, there have been a lot of crazies around here.
  • I want to start off by saying I made an AE just for this post because I was a regular before my wedding and now I lurk and post on here on occasion.  Yes I'm a chicken and I don't want to use my real knottie name for this thread because I'm friendly with many of you and I don't want to be ostracized.

Does anyone else realize how hypocritical we're all being (and I say we because Ive added my two cents to these types of posts too).  I mean, we're all talking about how b*tchy these girls were but we've been that way too from time to time and we're guilty of doing it now, right?  The only difference is that they were like that to our faces, but we all wait until they're gone to say these things about them.  Like I said, I've been part of these threads in the past, but it's getting kinda ridiculous how we do this what seems like so often.

Plus I think it's funny that we all act like we're such good friends, but I remember back before our weddings when we would all talk behind each others backs.  Sara - I remember when a lot of us (sadly including myself) would talk about how miserable you always sounded and how you always talked so negatively about your FI and seemed to treat him like crap.  Elyse - People would talk about how one minute you would totally agree with the one person and the next you completely switched sides like you didnt have an opinion.  Leah - After you posted your bpics there were people who talked about how strange it was that you posted them behind your back even though they "supported you" on the thread.  Casey - People talked about how strange your obsession with Disney was and how your wedding was going to look like a birthday party (this was before your wedding I might add).  Sadly it goes on and on and I feel bad that I was one of many people who was part of it all.

In all honesty yeah I thought a lot of the girls you're talking about here where b*tchy from time to time but at least they would say those things right to us even if we didn't want to hear them.  Tnmurray pretty much admitted she was a diva and bridezilla but at least she admitted it and did what she wanted to do.  Peaches was always honest and I thought that was one of the things we liked about her even if her personality was kinda strong.  If I remember correctly alot of us asked her for advice and agreed with what she said alot of the time.  Amazon came off kinda strong in the beginning but I think most of us began to really like her and value her opinions.  Ana was definitely set in her ways but we all were nice to her and oohed and ahhed about how gorgeous her wedding was.

When you think about it isnt it funny that theyre all gone but we're still talking about them?  We're kinda like the mean girls especially because we all say we're  friends and we like deach other but we've definitely been just as b*tchy as those other girls and sometimes I even feel like we're twofaced because many of us have talked behind each others backs so much.

Again I don't want to stir the pot and get everyone crazy but this has been bothering me and that's why I created this AE to get this off my chest.
  • Eh. I didn't really contribute to this thread but I feel the need to respond. I guess I was never friendly enough to have conversations about others behind their backs so I can't say I completely agree with the above post or at least can't relate I don't think that it is the fact people had opposing views that people viewed them negatively, it was how they went about it. For instance with the b-pic fiasco, peaches believed it was stupid for the girls to post. Fine. People can respect that. But the issue is that she said they were stupid, not what they did. It was those types of things For the most part, I get and got along with everyone. I'm sure people complain about me lately cause I'm such a downer. Oh well! Yeah, I get that were kinda being the mean girls but sometimes it's nice to be able to let the inner b!tch out bc of the anonymity of the Internet Honestly, I don't care if Lisa comes back and sees I don't miss her. I bet it's a lot less hurtful than a practical stranger telling you to call off your wedding cause your then Fi sucks. I couldn't have started an epic war then, but didn't. I ignored her repeated attempts to contact me. I'm sure she already knows So, with that said, I understand where your coming from and no need to hide who you are. I don't think anyone would think you're. A hypocrite!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:c75857fa-e676-4301-b424-3fa07ba12214">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to start off by saying I made an AE just for this post because I was a regular before my wedding and now I lurk and post on here on occasion.  Yes I'm a chicken and I don't want to use my real knottie name for this thread because I'm friendly with many of you and I don't want to be ostracized. Does anyone else realize how hypocritical we're all being (and I say we because Ive added my two cents to these types of posts too).  I mean, we're all talking about how b*tchy these girls were but we've been that way too from time to time and we're guilty of doing it now, right?  The only difference is that they were like that to our faces, but we all wait until they're gone to say these things about them.  Like I said, I've been part of these threads in the past, but it's getting kinda ridiculous how we do this what seems like so often. Plus I think it's funny that we all act like we're such good friends, but I remember back before our weddings when we would all talk behind each others backs.  Sara - I remember when a lot of us (sadly including myself) would talk about how miserable you always sounded and how you always talked so negatively about your FI and seemed to treat him like crap.  Elyse - People would talk about how one minute you would totally agree with the one person and the next you completely switched sides like you didnt have an opinion.  Leah - After you posted your bpics there were people who talked about how strange it was that you posted them behind your back even though they "supported you" on the thread.  Casey - People talked about how strange your obsession with Disney was and how your wedding was going to look like a birthday party (this was before your wedding I might add).  Sadly it goes on and on and I feel bad that I was one of many people who was part of it all.<strong> </strong>In all honesty yeah I thought a lot of the girls you're talking about here where b*tchy from time to tim<strong>e but at least they would say those things right to us even if we didn't want to hear them. </strong> Tnmurray pretty much admitted she was a diva and bridezilla but at least she admitted it and did what she wanted to do.  Peaches was always honest and I thought that was one of the things we liked about her even if her personality was kinda strong.  If I remember correctly alot of us asked her for advice and agreed with what she said alot of the time.  Amazon came off kinda strong in the beginning but I think most of us began to really like her and value her opinions.  Ana was definitely set in her ways but we all were nice to her and oohed and ahhed about how gorgeous her wedding was. When you think about it isnt it funny that theyre all gone but we're still talking about them?  We're kinda like the mean girls especially because we all say we're  friends and we like deach other but we've definitely been just as b*tchy as those other girls and sometimes I even feel like we're twofaced because many of us have talked behind each others backs so much. Again I don't want to stir the pot and get everyone crazy but this has been bothering me and that's why I created this AE to get this off my chest.
    Posted by aemrssmith[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yet you're hiding behind an AE???  Ok then...A little hypocritical.  

</div>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I guess I don't really understand how you, the AE, say people talked behind other people's backs.

I mean, seriously - they're message boards.

And if you know about all of them, clearly they weren't private conversations.

I wasn't around way back when, and I don't know who 99% of the people mentioned in this post are, but somehow I doubt there was much talk "behind people's backs". Unless there was major PM-ing going on, and somehow you were privy to all those PMs, the messages were public. And anybody could have seen or figured out what people thought of them.

Raise your hand on these boards if, at one point in your posting history or another, you've been called out and told you were being ridiculous. I have. And I survived.

I guarantee some of the people mentioned in this post could do without me. So be it. Do I like that certain people would rather me not be around? No. But does it really hurt my feelings? Not really.

Meh, maybe it is kind of mean. But a lot of these people caused the feelings aired on this board because they were mean, too. So I'd hardly say they were victims.

CMGr probably doesn't like me too much, and neither does Ruth I imagine. They probably think I'm mean, but the feeling is mutual.

• Everything Lacey said.

Seriously, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands and a lot of pent up feelings about an internet message board.  Some girls here hit it off better than others, and some didn't really get friendly with anyone, either because they were ridiculous/mean/whatever or just didn't click here.  What use was it to just come out with all of that now?  It comes off as very "holier than thou."  I'd have a lot more respect for a reformed smack-talker if it came from a real person, not someone hiding behind an AE.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:75360ddf-61bc-4f4d-b66e-bb1f5409b964">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everything Lacey said. Seriously, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands and a lot of pent up feelings about an internet message board.  Some girls here hit it off better than others, and some didn't really get friendly with anyone, either because they were ridiculous/mean/whatever or just didn't click here.  What use was it to just come out with all of that now?  It comes off as very "holier than thou."  I'd have a lot more respect for a reformed smack-talker if it came from a real person, not someone hiding behind an AE.
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]
     This. Just say who you are and move on. I'm willing to bet you don't post here a lot now, so really no harm no foul. 
    Plus we kinda are saying it to their faces since any of these people could come back and read it. If we were that worried about it, we wouldn't say a thing. 

And also, like I said before,  I know not everyone likes me or agrees with me. I don't really give 2 shiits, and I'm gonna guess Leah and Casey don't either. I realize we aren't all going to like each other, it just doesn't work that way in the real world.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:75360ddf-61bc-4f4d-b66e-bb1f5409b964">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everything Lacey said. Seriously, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands and a lot of pent up feelings about an internet message board.  Some girls here hit it off better than others, and some didn't really get friendly with anyone, either because they were ridiculous/mean/whatever or just didn't click here.  What use was it to just come out with all of that now?  <strong>It comes off as very "holier than thou."  I'd have a lot more respect for a reformed smack-talker if it came from a real person, not someone hiding behind an AE.
    </strong>Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

Yup!!! AMEN sister!!I see it this way! if I didn't like something someone said I just ignore it and moved on WHY because we all have a choice to do so! and this why this a public forum we all have the right to express what we want and we want!and if you don't like it very simple don't reply why come back "lurk" and then create a secret identity is quite immature and pointless IMO!!

and yup this will be the last time I will entertain anything coming from you! why because I have the choice to do so! Dueces!!!

:)!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:1d3f4186-6416-4ec5-beb0-28ccdd5b6a9e">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: would it be mean... : Yup!!! AMEN sister!!I see it this way! if I didn't like something someone said I just ignore it and moved on WHY because we all have a choice to do so! and this why this a public forum we all have the right to express what we want and we want!and if you don't like it very simple don't reply why come back "lurk" and then create a secret identity is quite immature and pointless IMO!!<strong> and yup thia is the last time I will entertain anything coming from you! why because I have the choice to do so! Dueces!!! :)!</strong>
    Posted by sap221[/QUOTE]
    this part, especially the "dueces" literally made me LOL all over the place.
  • I also enjoyed the dueces! Here's the drama!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:34832424-00b1-4441-8b93-702780b7c5de">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Anali! I guess I'm just a little sensitive because I have such minority opinions sometimes =)  I liked Skye-- I think that she and I had a lot in common. I do remember that one thread now, though. Very high emotions all around!
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

I like you too! With the living together before marriage I should have came up with a better way/article to start the conversation. The point wasn't to offend or ruffle feathers but it did and can't be undone. The suck it up cupcake came from that thread tho so I don't regret it one bit! Haha
    "I don't want the whole world, the sun, the moon, and all their light. I just wanna be the only girl ya love all your life." -TBP
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:a164c18e-ee2e-4e7e-808e-72b31cbd1051">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also enjoyed the dueces! <strong> Here's the drama!!</strong>
    Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]

For real!  How long have we been complaining that the board is dead? 
  • See... Sky is taking the approach she should. Ruffeled a few feathers, owned up to it, moving on. Owning up to things makes the board less controversial and more friendly.
  • i think we all need to take our knot careers more seriously guys. lol
  • edited January 2012
    Glad I can make ya laugh bahahaah

not but for realz like what is that about! lol Deuces!
  • That's why it's been so quiet around here. No good drama to get us going!
  • Less people=less drama
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_would-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:7a1f7e58-9fb1-4e18-9f2a-b23580b8af2fPost:8e1672e6-1f42-4e3a-9f37-2c1aad0bd604">Re: would it be mean...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think we all need to take our knot careers more seriously guys. lol
    Posted by Epolos89[/QUOTE]

*snicker*

I think my real career is getting in the way.  Sucks.
  • Well, I'm off to get ready for dinner. I'm tempted to tell you all that you suck big time. You know...give me something to read when I get home...all the hate mail :)
  • Yup. It is what it is. Oh and speaking of owning up, I reported peaches multiple times. I extremely disliked her. She thought whatever she said was the end all truth and not an opinion. No one was allowed to think differently.
    "I don't want the whole world, the sun, the moon, and all their light. I just wanna be the only girl ya love all your life." -TBP
  • You know, in the 2 years I've been posting on here, I've never gotten majorly flamed or hate PMs or anything else.  Lame.

(not an invitation, though.)

Let's see, Colleen, you are...so...umm...so flipping pretty in your wedding pictures. Apparently I can't do it.
  • That's cuz you never do anything wrong Lauren lol. You are honest but nice about it, or you just keep your mouth shut. There's nothing negative to say. You're just perfect :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards