• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Balloons

Explain your answers! :) I'm curious to see what you ladies think.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
290image Made the Cut!!
175image Are Ready to Party!!
56image Are Party Poopers!!
59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

Re: Balloons

• Balloon arches or balloons not done well make me think of a prom.  However, I have seen some wedding pictures on TK and other sites while looking at different ideas that do use balloons in a way that I like.  But, I think you have to be very careful.
  • I was torn between HATE them and depends.  They do remind me of a kid's birthday party, but our venue owner said she puts balloons out by the road in your wedding colors so guests know where to turn.  I'd be okay with that.  As far as balloon arches, center pieces or anything like that I'm gonna have to pass. 
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Balloons are super cheesy to me. 

Sometimes used in like, e-pics or wedding pics they are cute if they are being held on to, but decorative wise, don't like em!

Oh, and agree with Leah with using them on signs by the roads.  We'll need the that for direction out in the boonies :)

We're using the round chinese lanterns hanging from the roof instead.
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sunicosunico member
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    They have to be done VERY well to be nice, in my opinion.

The Good...

The Bad...

And the Ugly...

• edited November 2010
    Not a fan at all.  Even the first picture that Sunico PIPed just doesn't look nice enough for a wedding to me... it's nice looking, but more for a wedding shower, not the wedding itself (in my opinion).

Balloons just scream "kids' party/birthday party"... and those big white ones scream "weather balloon" to me haha (see below for proof).

Weather Balloon:
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2010
    Hate it!  I immediately thought of birthdays and scenes from the Wedding Singer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg this reminds me...
    On the Saskatoon Kijiji site, there's always a guy advertising his "balloon artistry" skills for weddings.

For his own sake, I have covered up his phone number.  To me, his ad is creepy!! lol!!
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Was just thinking - oooh, but maybe at the kids table...

and then realized that I have nobody to go get helium balloons and set them up for me.  So no - too birthday.
    Photobucket
  • edited November 2010
    I said depends, but the first two things I think of are kids birthday and prom. And they can be really cheesy, so I would stay away from the personally just because I don't know that I could pull it off.

I'm also not a big fan of the current trend for balloons in epix. I think they can be done really nicely, but by this point they're not all that original anymore and it's just not my style.
  • I don't hate them. But I've only seen a few instances where I've really liked them. I could also see them as acceptable in a very budgeted wedding.

• sunico, that's hilarious : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary
  • I think it depends like the girls have said . . I've thought of attaching time to the parking sign for the church to help direct guest and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Now a balloon release . . first off its terrible for the environment and second it reminds me of a funeral.
  • I wanted to use them somehow just because it's cheaper...and I wanted them to be gold and ivory. But I don't know how to do it in a tasteful way..I'm thinking now based on all the hates that I should stay away from balloons.

Any other ways to add gold to my decor? I'm doing gold tablecloths but I need another touch in the actual reception room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Gold ribbons around your vases or candle holders (whichever you're using for CPs), put your favors in gold packaging, gold on your cake...
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks sunico!
    HaHa.

just google "wedding balloons"- hit images only.

just look.. theres only 2 that look alright.. and you want your wedding to look more than "alright" don't you??

but I know how it is to have an idea stuck in your brain- lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards