Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon registry feedback

Has anyone had experience (positive or negative) with a honeymoon registry website?  Does anyone have any good recommendations for sites?Thanks,Sara

Re: Honeymoon registry feedback

• We used Honeyfund...a lot of people really liked it. Here is what I have posted on here before...I think its a few messages down but I'll post it again. Honeyfund.com   Setup Fee No Transaction Fee No* Travel booking required? No How does the couple get the money? Directly from gift giver via cash, check or credit card/PayPal Extras? Sample registries, video demos, e-registry cards, wedding details page, gift and thank-you tracking, personal URL, customizable payment instructions *If you choose to accept credit card payments, PayPal charges ~3% per transaction Honeyluna.com Full Service Setup Fee $150 Transaction Fee 15% to gift giver Travel booking required? No, but discount on setup fee if you do How does the couple get the money? Check 10 days prior to wedding and again after the honeymoon Extras? Honeymoon consultation, unlimited registry setup assistance, toll-free #, registry postcards, sample registries Honeyluna.com Free Setup Fee No Transaction Fee 9% to gift giver Travel booking required? No How does the couple get the money? Check 10 days prior to wedding and again after the honeymoon Extras? 1 registry setup call, toll-free #, sample registries Honeymoonwishes.com Setup Fee No Transaction Fee 7% to gift giver or couple plus 3% credit card fee to gift giver Travel booking required? No How does the couple get the money? Check, direct deposit or PayPal upon request Extras? e-registry cards, wedding website, sample registries Thebigday.com Setup Fee No Transaction Fee 9% to couple Travel booking required? No, but discount on transaction fee How does the couple get the money? Check or direct deposit at 3 wks prior, day of and 2 wks after your wedding Extras? Personal “@thebigday.com” e-mail address, wedding webpage, registry cards, thank-you tracking, toll-free #, sample registries Thehoneymoon.com Setup Fee No Transaction Fee 5.85-8.85% to gift giver based on gift amount Travel booking required? No How does the couple get the money? Check 5 days prior and 30 days after your wedding Extras? Sample registries, registry cards, toll-free # Travelersjoy.com Setup Fee No Transaction Fee 7.5% Travel booking required? No How does the couple get the money? Check upon request Extras? sample registries, personal URL, e-registry cards, thank-you tracking, toll-free # Travel agent & resort honeymoon registries Setup Fee Varies Transaction Fee Varies Travel booking required? Yes How does the couple get the money? Funds applied directly to your travel booking Extras? Varies
  • We used Traveler's Joy and loved it.  We set it up so that the fee was transparent to the guests.
  • We used thehoneymoon.com, mostly because that is who our travel agent has a relationship with.  We had a good experience and I really liked how easy it was to set up and customize, though to be fair, I didn't spend much time checking out other options.  We set ours up so that we paid the fee, not our guests.  The only glitch is that somehow our second check was overlooked and they did not send it out to us the day it was supposed to.  We called them and they were really great about apologizing and getting the check out to us that same day.
  • I used honeyfund.com and we signed up for TA's fund. No one so far has used honeyfund.com. We put it on our website with our other traditional registries. Our wedding is in 15 days. Also, we didnt advertise our TA's (which was triple A) so no one used it either, but we got $25 toward our trip for signing up to use it, so it was worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am using honeyfund.com.  So far that is all the gifts I have received.  I have not received anything on my BBB registry (I get married on 28 NOV).  It is working out greatI registered for honeymoon items, as well as, big ticket items (like washer and dryer, etc) where people can gift an amount towards that.I don't think it is bad at all...but that is my opinion.  I was on the "Registries and Gift' board earlier and it's like a shark tank when asking opinions about this certain topic!!!
    A happy newlywed...now time to start a family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards