• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

What is your least favorite...

Christmas song? Are there any that come on that you just cringe at? 

I love Christmas music, but I can't stand the one about the guy who sees his lover in the grocery store or the Christmas shoes. A dying person doesn't need shoes! They're in bed, for crying out loud. 
Photobucket

Re: What is your least favorite...

• Haha, I agree about the shoes song.  Ugh.  I don't like any of the sad sappy Christmas songs.  When I listen to Christmas music I want it to make me feel warm and cheery!
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited November 2010
    "Last Christmas (I Gave You My Heart)" by Wham.   It's the song that never ends.  Oh, and I can't stand Celine Dion's version of "O Holy Night" (it's my absolute favorite Christmas song, but I cannot bear to listen to her sing it) and whatever Christmas song by Taylor Swift that has been making the play lists this year (I think it might be "Last Christmas" so it's a double whammy because I hate the song and I hate her voice).
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last Christmas. OMG hate it! lol.
  • I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and Last Christmas.  They grate on my nerves........
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: What is your least favorite...:
    I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and Last Christmas.  They grate on my nerves........
    Posted by courtneyjilll
    Haha, I love the hippopotamus song!
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jingle bells.........mostly b/c it's the only one 3 year olds can sing and they sing it. a lot. and it gets old fast.

plus, all chanukah songs are pretty lame.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth

especially if it's done by someone who sings the words by correct english and not like a 6 year old (you know, slurred syllables and pfft's everywhere)

UGH, actually I don't like that song whether it's done with 6 year old sound or by normal people. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Be still my heart!  You all despise songs that are some of my favorites!  Besides the three songs that I mentioned, every other one listed on this thread totally gets me in the Christmas spirit, haha.  In fact, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer is like my family's Christmas anthem... it's comparable to Alice's Restaurant on Thanksgiving! 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song but I absolutely despise Jessica Simpson's version. It is a beautiful, spiritual, joyful song, Jessica, and you sound like a lounge singer or (more like) a phone sex operator.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Drummer Boy and Christmas shoes. 

The shoes song is just too depressing.  My FI mom passed away last Sept., last year around this time his sister was obviously depressed and thought christmas music would help cheer her up.  First christmas song she heard?  The stupid shoes song!  She just couldn't win!!  For that reason I will never enjoy hearing that song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards