Honeymoon Discussions

Bahamas

Has anyone stayed somewhere in the Bahamas that they recommend? Preferably around the Nassau area.

Re: Bahamas

• Hello there!  I am from the Bahamas. Perhaps I can help.  Now, do you want to go to Nassau/Paradise Island or is that all you know of the Bahamas?  I'm asking because people go to Nassau, and think that they've been to or experienced the Bahamas.  We are actually comprised of 700 island & cays (pronounced keys), aprox. 40 of them inhabitable.  If you want pure serenity and relaxiation, I would recommend one of the 'out islands'.  These islands are basically untouched from the touristy feel that Nassau can have.  You basically slow down and relax.  Nassau is more for those who like to party and be surrounded by lots of people and do the whole jet ski, banana boat scene.  I would suggest Eleuthera or the Abacos or the Exuma Cays or Bimini.  BEAUTIFUL!  You will get the true hospitality of the Bahamas in those islands as the locals are not as rushed or busy.  I would recommend Nassau for families and folks wanted to have a good time.  The out islands are perfect for honeymooners.
  • Hello :) and actually my hubby-to-be was born in the bahamas and most of his mom's side of the family still lives there so we are hoping to go on our honeymoon then have a second reception for everyone who could make it up to the wedding. (minnesota so its a ways!) And yes he is from there but has not experienced much of the vacation area so first I am having trouble deciding between if we should do all in inclusive or do a house rental or something like that at the out islands. Second I am having issues finding something nice for a good price. That is my biggest issue is we have a budget that we cant stray very far from. We love the Sandals Resort there because you get everything you need but it is still kind of private and relaxed. Maybe you could help me with my other problem? With my reception I am not sure what direction to go? We are thinking of having a dessert celebration at his aunties house with a big yard and pool. I know the bahamian culture is laid-back, but is that too laid back? Thanks so much for your insight it helps me tons!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards