• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Should I do my hair/makeup trial on my shower day?

I'm wondering if  should do it on my shower day, or if I should "surprise" my guests with my hair and makeup? I'm not taking bridals and I've already taken engagements. I'm almost not wanting FI to see me, either. So should I just do them on a random day and wash it off before most can see me? Seems like a waste! :)
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: Should I do my hair/makeup trial on my shower day?

• I know it seems like a waste, but I want to surprise everyone!  FI said that he doesn't want to see me after the make up and hair trial, so I'll be hitting the shower afterwards.  I think it'll be worth it the day of though!
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haha, and on the opposite side, I want to make use of my hair/makeup so bad, either FI and I are either going to go on a special date that night or I was just thinking I might use it for a girl's night we're planning on having the end of June.

So...I'm all for reusing the hair!

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to Re: Should I do my hair/makeup trial on my shower day?:
    [QUOTE]I know it seems like a waste, but I want to surprise everyone!  FI said that he doesn't want to see me after the make up and hair trial, so I'll be hitting the shower afterwards.  I think it'll be worth it the day of though!
    Posted by Leah&JP[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!
    Even though I agree with Britt as well LOL sorry can't make up my mind, I think I want to surpise everyone! Like Leah said!
  • I'm having my trial on the morning of my shower, but I'll end up taking it out before the shower to not ruin the suprise on my wedding day. 
  • I think it's a good idea.  If I had thought of that, I totally would have done it.  
  • lakfroglakfrog member
    1000 Comments
    I didn't want anyone to see my hair before the wedding so I had the stylist take it back down after she did it. She had curled it all for my updo, so it actually looked really cute that day when she took it down (but different than wedding day hair). I told her ahead of time that I wasn't going to leave it in, so she didn't spray it to death :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Should I do my hair/makeup trial on my shower day?:
    [QUOTE]I didn't want anyone to see my hair before the wedding so I had the stylist take it back down after she did it. She had curled it all for my updo, so it actually looked really cute that day when she took it down (but different than wedding day hair). I told her ahead of time that I wasn't going to leave it in, so she didn't spray it to death :)
    Posted by lakfrog[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm interesting..that is a great idea too..Thanks!
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My mom told me this used to be the trend back in her day - every girl did her hair and makeup trial the day of the shower then showed it off to get everyone's opinion. She said if you had more than one shower, you got your hair done differently each time, so you could try them out and it would still be a surprise to the guests which one you picked.
  • I am not sure I would want everyone that was at the shower to see my hair. I am having my trial done when I have a dress fitting so I feel like I am putting it to somewhat good use!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards