Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Beach & City Honeymoon

We're looking for a honeymoon spot where we can spend some time on a beach and some time in a city doing things. Any suggestions?

Re: Beach & City Honeymoon

• Options
    Atlantic City!
  • Options
    Charleston, SC
  • Options
    Puerto Rico. Old San Juan is a fabulous city to explore. I've heard the beaches closer to the rainforest are better but I thought the beaches in San Juan were great.
  • Options
    Honolulu, HI

Or, depending what time of year you go, Chicago actually has some nice beaches and is obviously a city with tons of stuff to do as well

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beach-city-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:181c8ca0-2139-4d64-b792-0315daebbeaePost:f37ba666-8934-48cc-9016-ed2c8a3f631c">Re: Beach & City Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Puerto Rico. Old San Juan is a fabulous city to explore. I've heard the beaches closer to the rainforest are better but I thought the beaches in San Juan were great.
    Posted by lemon912[/QUOTE]

This was also my suggestion!
  • Options
    Agree with PP. I'd add San Diego and/or LA into the mix.
  • Options
    If you're open to international travel, there are many European options that would fit the bill.  How about southern Spain?  The beaches are beautiful, and you can take day trips in Spain, Gibraltar and even Morocco!
  • Options
    budget? time of year? there's a ton of places around that planet that offer that combo.

• Options
    Cancun, Mexico!

• Options
    I agree, it would help to know the time of year and your budget.

Any time except dead of winter
    LA-Malibu Beach
    San Diego-Coronado Bay
    Charleston SC
    Ft Myers-Sanibel Island off the coast near Ft Myers

San Juan PR is probably nice at any time, but I've never been. I have been to the above and they are all great

Summer
    Any of the above, plus probably Chicago, Boston/Cape Cod, Washington DC/Virginia Beach
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. We are thinking fall of 2013. I would prefer to not honeymoon in the US besides Puerto Rico. We were thinking about there as an option. Any other suggestions are welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards