Honeymoon Discussions

Rivera Maya or Cabo in early October

Hi
We are planning to go to our honeymoon on 10/1 for 7 days this year. We are debating between Rivera Maya and Los Cabo. I'm worried that in early October, there will be hurrican in Rivera Maya. But there seem to be more different activities you can do in Riverea Maya, such as snorkeling, seeing Maya ruins. Could anyone give me some suggestions? Especially, am I worried too much about the weather?
thanks

Re: Rivera Maya or Cabo in early October

• i am going to the RM next week for our honeymoon.  we looked at cabo because of weather reasons, but decided to do the RM because of the activities we can do there.  i would book the RM so you can get what you want, but also book trip insurance so you can cancel if the weather looks awful and get your money back to rebook in cabo?
  • no you're not worrying too much. i was in RM and cancun 3 weeks after wilma and it was absolutely smashed.
    if you really want to go to RM why not wait until december to go?

• Go with where YOU want to book and just get insurance to go with it just in case you need to change places at the last minute.
  • We're going to RM for our HM 10/18-10/25.  We got travel insurance which covers bad weather...we can change our trip even if we don't like the forecast.

I was also in RM the first week of Oct in 2008 for my bro's DW and it was gorgeous.  It's hit or miss that time of year.

I'd book it and just be sure to get the insurance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_rivera-maya-cabo-early-october?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:1eb119f5-db76-4716-b07a-5d5338fae73dPost:d0180a93-ad81-4e91-af50-aee4485d08a4">Re: Rivera Maya or Cabo in early October</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to RM for our HM 10/18-10/25.  We got travel insurance which covers bad weather...we can change our trip even if we don't like the forecast. I was also in RM the first week of Oct in 2008 for my bro's DW and it was gorgeous.  It's hit or miss that time of year. I'd book it and just be sure to get the insurance.
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

We will be there Oct 22-25 :) We will just watch the weather and if we have to cancel due to weather with our cancel for any reason insurance!
  • Awesome!! Where are you staying?! We're at Secrets Maroma
  • My mom is a honeymoon travel agent and she will NOT let me travel to this area because the weather is so unpredictable and she's had so many brides adamant about going and then not going on a honeymoon at all because the weather hit. I'd think of a plan B personally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards