• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

T&P's please?

Hey ladies, I need to tell you all about something because I can't talk to anyone about it IRL and I need someone to talk to because I feel like this is partly my fault.

My sister has been in a wierd mood lately. I know from reading her FB posts that there is somethinng wrong, but when I tried to ask her about it, she pushed me away, which is the same thing she did to my parents. I didn't think much of it except that I was a litt;e hurt that she wouldn't talk to me, but she was getting help from her BF so that made me feel better. She seems pretty happy now that she has him in her life, so I wasn't that worried.

Anyway, there is a lot more to this story, but I'll get down to the meat of it. My mom called me just a few minutes ago and told me that my sister was really upset today and was talking about killing herself, so my mom took her to the ER and she was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. I was so shocked because I had no idea that things had gotten this bad, and I felt guilty that I hadn't put forth more of an effort to help her, even though she didn't want my help.

This just brings back really bad memories because I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital when I was a sophmore in high school, and it was one of the worst times of my life. I have tried so hard to proect her from what I went through because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, and I am so scared that it is happening to her too. I also feel very sad for my parents because it killed them to see me in so much pain, and I don't want that to happen to them again. Putting their child in a psychiatric hospitaal once must have been one of the hardest things they have ever done, and I am so sad that they had to do it again.

I don't really have any more details, but I would appreciate it if you could keep my sister in your prayers. I will try to post an update as soon as I can.

Thanks ladies. XOXO
Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: T&P's please?

• Sorry, Molly. I hope that she gets the help that she needs and is feeling better soon. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it- I'm sure you are going to be there for her now, especially since you know what she's going through.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary
  • Don't blame yourself Molly, you couldn't have known that was what was going on.  Sending good thoughts for you, your sister and your family!
  • So sorry. Tons & tons of T&P's coming your way. <3
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I'm sorry Molly
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks so much ladies. I'm glad I can come here and talk to you about it. I just really don't want her to have to go through what I did...but in the back of my head I also know I have done everything I can and I can't help her if she doesn't want it. I hope that her experience in the hospital will be more positive for her..or at least more helpful...than mine was. I'm also thankful that my mom knew what to do in this situation. Anyway... thanks for the thoughts. And prayers. Love you ladies!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Wow. I am so sorry to hear. Just be there for her, that's all you can do. Hope everything is ok
  • Sorry Molly. That is really tough. I agree with Lydia though-don't blame yourself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • oh wow sorry you and your family are dealing with this..Sending you tons of vibes!
  • Oh Molly, that is so sad! I will definitely pray for your family. My best friend was admitted to a psychiatric hospital as a kid, too, so I sort of know what you are talking about. Don't blame yourself for this. It is hard to tell sometimes when people really are in trouble. Big hugs!!!
    Photobucket
  • I'm so sorry you and your family are dealing with this. I see depressed kids on a daily basis and unfortunately there are quite a few hospitalized each year, so she is not alone.  I think your sis is older than hs age, but I'm not sure.  Don't blame yourself, as you know you can't help her unless she wants the help.  Just be there to listen.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards