• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Wedding Surprises?

Is anyone going to have an surprise at their ceromony or reception for guests or anyone? Like a fun entrance or a crazy dance? We aren't getting to crazy with anything...just a fun entrance...just want to know what everyone else is doing! :-)
Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Surprises?

• I am just using personal touches throughout the wedding that may come as a surprise to guests, ex. personalized stir sticks. I am totally not the type for a choreographed dance because I have absolutely no rhythm. However my MOH and I learned the dance to Hoedown Throwdown and she insists we should do it at my wedding. I have said NO WAY!
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • My FI is going to be playing a set while the band is taking a break.  He is keeping the 3 songs a secret from everyone (including me) and we are only telling the wedding party that he is playing. It was his idea, which I think makes it even more special.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We actually have a few of them planned. First I love my parents wedding song "At last" by Etta James and it's actually believe it or not his parents wedding song too! So after our first dance I am going to have the DJ play that and request that they join us on the dance floor. Then my family are Disney nuts, so during cocktail hour we are going to play a slideshow with all our pics in the beginning to "A dream is a wish your heart makes." Once that song is over my Grampy who helped raise me died last year, as well as my dad's parents the year before so as a tribute to the loved ones who cannot be with us do a slideshow with all their pictures to "Forever Young." Young is my mother's maiden name. I think there will be alot ot tears but I also feel this is something original and will be very special.

• I'm almost 100% positive my DH and his best friend are going to change into the tuxedos from Dumb and Dumber for the last hour or so of the reception.  I gave them the OK so they are trying to find a tux rental place that has them.
  • We are looking in to getting the Michigan State Mascot (Sparty) at our wedding.  Our wedding party will be introduced the the MSU fight song, as the starting line up.  Also , the dj will name a different couple everytime people clink the glasses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards