• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Get to know you Thursday

1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding?
2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding?
3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect.
4. Is FI nervous about anything?
5. Plans for the weekend.
August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
229 image Invited to celebrate!
191 image Remembered to RSVP!
26 image Can't make it
7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Get to know you Thursday

• 1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding? I'm making my ceremony dress........I know I can do a good job, but really want to lose and keep off weight, LOL.
    2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? Fiance's grandkids are FG & RB....... if they mess up, I really don't care. That always makes for memorable moments.
    3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect. The DIY stuff I'll have, the centerpieces, flowers, all set up by my "day of wedding" coordinator for my vision of the event
    4. Is FI nervous about anything? Probably getting married for the 3rd time, and having to go through a formal wedding for the first time........being the center of attention
    5. Plans for the weekend. LOTS: Son arrives from DC tomorrow am, coming to town for my "baby" daughter's Sweet 16 on Friday. Then Saturday is her Homecoming Dance, and Sunday we have a tasting with one of the caterers PLUS our engagement pics, at our venue, with a photographer we hope to hire. We are including family pics in the photo session with my kids and fiance's daughter and baby.
  • 1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding?
    I'm worried about being too emotional. Anxious about the walk down the aisle with emotional Dad as well as the Father-Daughter dance LOL
    2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding?
    I don't really care what the cake looks like.

I want good pictures and music

If he is, he hasn't let on!

I'm going to another wedding! Smile
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt1490e0.aspx[/img][/url]
    I come from a split family and I'm nervous about how my dad and his side of the family will react when they realize that all of the father "stuff" is being cut out of the wedding.

Ceremony goofs, They make the moment funny and memorable...and cut out nerves. As long as they aren't major!

The decorations at the venue, the reception place we have is gorgeous and I want our decorations to accent its natural beauty.

He doesn't let on if he is!

I am traveling up north for Wisconsin's Applefest! A gorgeous weekend away with the FI and of course I get to see some Future In Laws and friends :) Promises to be a great weekend! AND one year ago this Sunday he asked me to marry him!
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14aaa1.aspx[/img][/url]
  • 1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding? I'm with you on the split family stuff.  My dad will be there but he isn't walking me down the aisle (my mom is) and i'm doing a dance with my godfather.  He's already expressed he isn't happy with that so I'm nervous if anything will  happen.
    2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? anything that doesn't go right at the reception just makes a good story in the end
    3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect. I really want our first dance to be perfect, my fiance can dance really well but never does so i'm also excited for it.
    4. Is FI nervous about anything? Nope! It's kind of nice to have someone that isn't freaking out about anything.
    5. Plans for the weekend. Homecoming at my alma mater (Western Michigan Univ!) I finally get to celebrate my engagement with all my college friends & get to ask my bridesmaids to be in the wedding! (my best friends live all over the country and most of them are flying in for HC!)
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • 1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding? arguing with my mother. She can be a little overwhelming at times, and as much as I love her she can make my anxiety go through the roof without really trying. Jon obviously won't be there the morning of and he's the one that can usually get me calmed down.
    2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? I don't care at all about the dances (first, mother-son, father-daughter). If FI didn't care, I would be very tempted to cut them out.
    3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect. Really, I don't care too much, as long as at the end of the day we're married, I'm good.
    4. Is FI nervous about anything? I don't think so.
    5. Plans for the weekend. NOTHING!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding?  Being overly emotional as I walk down the aisle.  I'm a crier, but I just don't want to sob (which I could see happening).
    2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? I could see my dad's family (my dad isn't very close with his family, he's closer to my mom's family) acting a bit out of control.  They have at past family events, and I was tempted not to invite them.
    3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect. The photography!
    4. Is FI nervous about anything?  Not that he has said, but I doubt it.  He doesn't get nervous about anything.
    5. Plans for the weekend. FI's family reunion on Saturday, friends' bbq on Saturday night and then maybe just relaxing on Sunday.  Wahoo!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding? Falling as I'm walking down the stairs to get to the aisle
    2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? No idea right now
    3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect.  The photography
    4. Is FI nervous about anything? Not that he is letting on about
    5. Plans for the weekend. Relaxing and trying to catch up on sleep from having a cold/flu that is wiping me out.
    Crying too hard that I will be unable to speak during the ceremony! I am such a baby!

Hmmmm, if all the details aren't "perfect" it's ok. The little details are nice but they aren't that important in the end.

Definitely photography. It is something that will be looked at and passed down so it is definitely important.

I don't think so, probably when the date gets closer.

Dress shopping and going to a wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
    how im going to pay for it
    weather
    my cake
    he hasnt told me
    work and king richards faire
    Anniversary
  • edited September 2010
    1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding? I am nervous about the overall cost of the wedding, ceremony, reception, all of it. My parents have been so generous and have helped me plan the wedding of my dreams but a part of me feels bad for not being able to contribute more financially. I guess that's what happens when you're a college student planning a wedding Embarassed

2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? I'm not too concerned about FI and I's first dance-I know some people who have taken lessons to make sure that it's perfect! I think we'll be able to pull it off-we're not the most graceful couple but I think it's something we can just go with the flow and laugh if we step on each other's toes.

3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect. The photos

4. Is FI nervous about anything? I don't think he wants to see anyone the morning after, when we are getting ready to leave for our honeymoon. My Mom suggested having a brunch at our house to see us off the next day but he didn't like that idea at all...he just wants to get on that plane!

5. Plans for the weekend: Catching up on sleep, homework, all my tv shows I DVR'ed during the week. Our sorority is cooking a spaghetti dinner for a fraternity on Sunday night so that should be a lot of fun!

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"
  • edited September 2010
    1. What's one thing you're nervous about regarding the wedding?
    Having my picture taken all day.  I don't really enjoy having my picture taken, so I'm worried that it will make me feel strained and awkward.

Honestly?  I can't really think of anything -- I'm such a perfectionist!

Food and drinks.

Not outwardly, at least. 

5. Plans for the weekend:
    On Friday, I'm going back to one bridal salon to re-try on a particular dress that I loved.  Later that day, FI and I are going to a Twins game with my friend and her boyfriend.  On Saturday, I may go back to a different bridal salon to re-try on and possibly order a different dress that I loved (depending on what, if anything, I decide when I re-try on the first dress on Friday -- the second bridal salon is offering 20% off of the second dress *if* I order this weekend).  Also Saturday, my friend and her FI are driving up from Iowa, and my FI and I are taking them out to eat mad pasta so that they'll be full of carbs to run the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday morning.  Wow, this is sounding like a busy weekend! 
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding? – I just want everyone to get along. No drama. As long as we all remain respectful to one another – that’s all I really want. It’s all about having fun and not sweating the small stuff. 2. What's one thing that if it goes wrong, you don't really care at the wedding? No shows. I figure whoever is there is supposed to be.....Although I would like all my invites to show up, I won’t hold a grudge. 3. Now one thing that you really want to be perfect. Capturing and remembering the moment when I start to walk down the aisle with my parents to meet my future husband. I really want savour that special moment when we first see each other. And of course I would love for the weather to co-operate.  NO HUMITITY –or else my hair will EXPAND...............LOL. I pray for a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze for all of us. But rain or shine, I’ll be getting married. 4. Is FI nervous about anything?  I don’t think so. He’s always very calm. He honestly never stresses.

5. Plans for the weekend. None so far, just cleaning up the house – the regular chores.

The flowers. I think we're going to get wholesale flowers and do the bouquets and bouts ourselves, but I'm worried about them showing up on time (but not too soon) and then staying fresh for the ceremony. 
    I mean, I'd like for things to go smoothly, but if they don't, not the end of the world. I'll just happy that at the end of the day we'll be married.
    Our vows and exchanging of the rings. As long as I can get through them, we'll be good. But I just want that moment to be extra special. 
    That I know of... no. 
    Flying back to Illinois to see some friends (and judge a tournament). 

Everything! haha. Um, probably the groomsman behaving themselves. I hope they at least get through the ceremony, pictures and dinner sober!

The cake, if it was up to me, we would spend the money on more flowers!

I really want everyone to have a great time, so the DJ and booze I guess. 

He's nervous about his family coming up for the wedding in general. They're about 5 hours from the site and he doesn't know how many will travel. I hope they will for his sake!

Nothing, just the way I like it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • StephB22StephB22 member
    100 Comments
    edited September 2010
    1. whats one thing your nervous about regarding the wedding?
    Not looking forward to being the center of attention, I hate having all eyes on me!!!
    oh geez, i dont know, probably the weather. Now that the wedding is indoors I am not too worried about rain, I mean isnt it supposed to be good luck ;) hahah
    the pictures, I just want them to turn out awesome, I have full faith in our photographer... FI and I are just not always the most photogenic! ha
    ha like everyone else, he hasnt mentioned anything but I am sure he will be closer to the date for the whole day in general.
    Check out my dress, work, and homework... other than that NADA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

So hard to pick one thing! I guess my biggest worry is planning the wedding of our dreams and sticking to our budget.

We are having 2 FG and1 RB and I'm not going to freak out if they dont make it down the aisle "smoothly" haha

Pictures!!

If he's nervous about anything he's doing a great job hiding it ;)

Nice quiet evening with FI tomorrow night and going to 2 bridal salons sat!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Ugh, the attention. I've never been one of those "when I get married" girls, but my FI is often referred to as "wedding Jake," so the ever-growing size of this shindig is his dream come true. I've been known to have a panic attack when people sing Happy Birthday to me in a restaurant. Just want to get through it without hyperventilating!

Life is messy. I don't care if the cake explodes, I'm still marrying the love of my life.

You know how I said the cake could explode? As long as there's some frosting left for me to eat.

Cool as a cucumber. He's so excited he keeps claiming he's going to rappel from the trees into his ceremony position.

Seeing The Social Network and unfortunately, since both FI and I are writers, we both have to work Sunday.
    Being waterworks through the ceramony
    I'd probably say the weather...or if some people don't make it when they said they would. I'm not going to remember everyone who RSVP'd!
    Photographery/Videography
    prob the dancing
    work work...relax...Create n Barrell fun then the Bridal Expo! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards