• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Random Poll:

I'm bored, so here's a poll :)

1. Any plans for tonight?

2. What are you doing Labor Day weekend?

3. Do you know what flowers you want to use for your wedding?

4. Are you reading anything at the moment?

5. Do you have any pets?

6. Do you know how you are going to wear your hair for your wedding? (PIP if you want)

7. Have you seen Avatar? Did you see it in 3D? If not will you be seeing it now that it has be re-released?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Random Poll:

• 1. Any plans for tonight?
    Going out to eat w/FI and finishing disc 3 of season 4 of Dexter. The next disc is the last one :'( lol

Hopefully relaxing. That Sunday my parents' neighbors are having a lamb roast so we're going over there for a while.

I hope to use some green cymbidium orchids...but not too many since they're pricey. I've seen a few other pretty green flowers that I like. I haven't thought of what else yet.

I've been slacking big time on my reading.....I'm currently on Dead as a Doornail. I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins....that I will definitely read right away lol. If you haven't started the Hunger Games series, do so!! Hunger Games and Catching Fire were so good, I have high hopes for Mockingjay.

5. Do you have any pets?
    I had a nearly 17 yr old cat Keiko, but he passed a couple of months ago :( FI had a cat when I met him, Batley. We bought a dog together a couple of years ago, Rocky.

6. Do you know how you are going to wear your hair for your wedding? (PIP if you want)
    I'll probably wear it mostly up. I don't want it glued to my head, but it will be August so I definitely don't want it down. Plus I"d be worried that the curls wouldn't look all that great after being in the heat and dancing. I'll try and find a look and PIP later.

7. Have you seen Avatar? Did you see it in 3D? If not will you be seeing it now that it has be re-released?
    I didn't see it in 3D b/c I didn't think it would be good. FI saw it in #d IMAX and said it was amazing. So we watched it when it came out on DVD and I was pretty upset that I didn't see it in 3D lol. It was actually very good. So we're going while it's out again so that I can see it in 3D :)

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Any plans for tonight?  Nope, Corey is still in the field so it's me, Lil, my wine, and The Proposal (love Betty White!)

2. What are you doing Labor Day weekend?  Going to Colorado to visit my best friend!  I haven't seen her since March and I am excited to just be able to vent about everything because even though I have friends here you still need to sensor yourself.  Damn Army...

3. Do you know what flowers you want to use for your wedding?  Green hydrangeas (had to have them!), calla lilies, and roses.  I am also using a lot of beach grass.

4. Are you reading anything at the moment?  I just finished Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.  I love her, she is one of my favorite authors.

5. Do you have any pets?  Sure do, my little Lilly girl.  She's a teacup beagle and she is my world.  I know it sounds silly but I dont know what I would do without her when Corey is gone.

6. Do you know how you are going to wear your hair for your wedding? (PIP if you want)  I am so mad... I had a magazine clipping I put in my big binder that was EXACTLY how I wanted my hair and that amazing little dog of mine ate it.  I cant find anything similar.  It's an updo with a little poof (like 1/4 the size of Snooki's poof) in the front to hold my bangs back and the back is not really low but not on the top of my head either.  It's a very touseled look.  I am hoping I can find something similar in a picture again.

No, no, and no.  I have no desire to see it.

Nope, just waiting on FI to get home from work, dinner, workout and maybe we will rent a movie. 

No plans yet.

Gerbera Daisies (: LOVE them!

I am  on a Nicholas Sparks kick. I bought all of his books, (I think there are 14) and I have read 8. I am currently on "The Wedding." Not my fave. it is taking me awhile to get through it.

5. Do you have any pets?
    Chester the shih-tzu. I am a little obsessed with him. He is my lil baby. He is even going to be in our wedding. Don't make fun!

(Without the bling!)

I did not. We may because FI really wants to see it. I'm not really into those kind of movies but I will go because of FI and also because I'm kinda sorta obsessed with 3-d! (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
    I wish, I am actually at work right now. I cannot wait to get off at 9pm

I am going to FI's race in Knoxville Iowa and then also hopefully BM dress shopping with my Sister and Cousin

I know I want spider mums, green cymbidium orchids, green and purple hydrangeas. My colors are green and purple and I have talked to the florist about my arrangements already or well I have interviewed one florist and I loved the previous mentioned flowers.

Just my textbooks.. blah

5. Do you have any pets?
    yes a pupply named Molly who crazks me up, she has quite the personality!

Good Question! I am not really sure yet. I am debating on wearing it up like Carrie Underwoods hair for her wedding this summer... I saw it in people magazine and LOVED IT! haha OR I am going to wear it down somehow short... like chin ish length. My hair is naturally waivy so I might do loose curls partially up... not sure though. Dont really have a picture totally in mind for that. I am going to make an appt in October with my hairstylist before our engagement photos and bring in my ideas and see if I can cut my hair off at the time to like my Chin area because to be honest I think I look MUCH better with shorter hair haha. Sorry for the story :)

Yeah FI bought it when it came out and we watched it at home. I thought it was pretty decent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Nope- I had a spinal tap yesterday so I'm am on the couch! RIght now my mom and I are watching taped episodes of Say Yes to the Dress while Rob watchest the game in the other room.

We are going to Cleveland with Rob's parents for wedding stuff!! We have appts with two photographers, a tasting for our venue and I have an appt with a dress designer. It will be nice for Rob's parents to finally see where I grew up and all of the venues we have picked out.

Gerbera Daisies!!

Yes, I am re-reading Gone with the Wind for the thousandith time.

5. Do you have any pets?

Yes, we have a 1 year old papillion named Milly.

No clue, it will all depend on the dress.

No and No. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Any plans for tonight? Just got back with the parents for dinner...watched the Ranger game..and thats bout it.

2. What are you doing Labor Day weekend? NOTHING!!! I'm off that Monday and Tuesday!!!

3. Do you know what flowers you want to use for your wedding? I'm wanting a spring mix of red and different shades of pink flowers. It'll be pretty against Navy and Black.

4. Are you reading anything at the moment? nope!

5. Do you have any pets? Yes-Rosie who is a 1 1/2 year old shih tzu who I absolutely love. She is our "child".

6. Do you know how you are going to wear your hair for your wedding? (PIP if you want) There are a few styles I'm looking at.

It depends what's easier. I got hair to my waist.

7. Have you seen Avatar? Did you see it in 3D? If not will you be seeing it now that it has be re-released? no no no

Yesterday, Adam and I had a game night where we played Battleship and Dr. Mario. Today, I am running a 5k and then heading home for some swimming and picking up my new phone, and some family time.

Well, I have to work. I have a lot of homework to do, and best of all, the first Hawkeyes game of the year!

I am really not into flowers and have seen many weddings where the flowers look all wilted by the end of the ceremony, so we are using real touch pink roses. There is also some hydrangea type pink flowers and stephanotis.

Textbooks, and rereading my Harry Potters because they give me joy in life.

5. Do you have any pets?

We have a nearly 3 year old  hedgehog named Monty.

I was always thinking half up, but I think all up might look better with my dress. Regardless, I want something kind of messy looking.

I'm not really interested in this new 3D craze.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA

I went to dinner with one of my college roommates..

Jeffs coming home.  no plans to speak of yet, im sure plenty of time with family and friends, no doubt grilling and beer!

asiatic liliies, calla lillies, daisies..

East of Eden.  It is fantastic so far!

5. Do you have any pets?

No, Jeff and I are waiting until we are both in the same place before we get dogs, (pet of choice)

No idea!!  At this point I want like 5 weddings so i can do all my ideas.. 

no and no.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any plans for tonight? I have a sorority meeting and it will be the first time I've seen a lot of the girls since the end of last semester, I'm excited!

2. What are you doing Labor Day weekend? My roommates and I are planning on taking a little roadtrip to Nashville!

3. Do you know what flowers you want to use for your wedding? I'm not too sure yet, my colors are coral pink and gold so I know it won't be an issue finding pink flowers lol I love peonies for centerpieces at the reception but they're out of season in August Frown

4. Are you reading anything at the moment?  I was actually just thinking about starting Norah Roberts' The Search today. Anyone read it?

5. Do you have any pets? At home I have 2 cats, Ozzie and Buttercup. At college we have a cat, Raja.

7. Have you seen Avatar? Did you see it in 3D? If not will you be seeing it now that it has be re-released? I haven't seen it and don't really plan to. I know it's supposed to be AMAZING but I just don't think I could get into it. Plus is sounds sooo long

When We Said "I Do:" August 6, 2011

My Newlywed Blog: The "I-Do Diaries"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards