• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Getting to know you Thursday

Since Chrissy is gone and I am not sure if she asked anyone to keep up her weekly polls, I'll start this one...

What was your favorite vacation as a child?
Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway?
What is your favorite summertime drink?
Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear?

Re: Getting to know you Thursday

• What was your favorite vacation as a child?  My family always went to Cape Cod in the summer but my absolutely favorite was when my aunt and uncle got married there and my mom was the MOH.  We seriously spent the ENTIRE summer on the beach (my mom is a teacher).

Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway?  We haven't really gotten the chance to get away together thanks to the Army but I think we might go up to Ruidoso, NM for Labor Day weekend.

What is your favorite summertime drink?  If you like Pina Coloadas and gettin caught in the rain... that or a margarita on the rocks if I don't have a blender

Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear?  Victoria's Secret definitely.  I actually just shop there year round my credit card is a very dangerous thing...
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child? Disney World (we went there a lot) or my grandmother's lake house in NH.
    Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway? As lame as this is, to his Mom's house, which is about 45 minutes away from us.  There isn't much to do there, but we can just hang out without worrying about phones and e-mails.
    What is your favorite summertime drink? Fruit Punch Crystal Light.
    Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear? Old Navy- can't beat the prices!

amylydia- you are so good to keep this up while Chrissy is away!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child?
    We took a lot of vacations to Disney. I love Disney World.
    Because we are poor college students, our weekend getaways are usually back to our hometown for free food and family.
    Water and freshly squeezed lemonade. Mmm county fairs.
    Target. I actually really love their clothes.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child?
    Going to upset NY to see my family

Ours arent weekend getaways since we live in a retail world. But we like to do over nights and drive up to north Conway. Actually he proposed on one of those trips lol

Sun brewed ice tea

Dressbarn.....because i work there.
    Anniversary
  • My family used to go up to North Conway all the time!  We have a time share at Attitash.
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child?  I loved going to the shore every summer with the family. 
    Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway? Wow....we haven't gone on a getaway in a long time. I would have to say Atlantic City.
    What is your favorite summertime drink? Omaretta Sours.... I love them!
    Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear? Macy's! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child? Probably OBX, North Carolina. We went there so many times when I was little and I still love it! So different than other beach areas.
    Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway? Usually his parent's cabin in PA. It is in the mountains and we sit around by the fire, drink, ride fourwheelers, go on hikes and sometimes shoot guns! I love it there and we are actually going there for the holiday weekend!
    What is your favorite summertime drink? Hmm margaritas on the rocks, coronas, Dos Equis XX lager, long islands...oh it is endless...I love summer and drinking :)
    Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear? So many places!...I actually just bought a new swim suit on sale on victorias secret.com...actually here it is...I'm pretty excited since it was like 50% off or something!
    http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GP-252145&page=1&cgname=OSSWMBEAZZZ&rfnbr=148
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child? My parents didn't have much money, but when I was about 6 they bought a trailer that was in a trailer park on a lake. We went there for weeks at a time and swimmed, ran around with the other kids, and just had fun.
    Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway? We both have mortgages and kids, so don't get away overnight often. But we have a mini season ticket package for the Detroit Tigers, all their Sunday home games and we love going.
    What is your favorite summertime drink? Limeade with vodka on the rocks

Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear? I really don't shop for clothes that often because I try to buy traditional things that fit well and aren't trendy. But I do love Target's clothing line.
  • Well, I was unavailable yesterday, but I love a good Q & A!

What was your favorite vacation as a child?

-We used to visit Windy Acres Campground in Mass every weekend during the summer, sometimes we would spend more time there. My cousins were always there so it was a lot of fun for us.

-We'll find out when we get one. Three years and we have yet to do so. We don't have a great deal of time between the two of us so we usually just enjoy a weekend at home together with my daughter.

-Not really sure. I do love iced tea, but I will drink that year round.

-I do a lot of online shopping. Spending an hour in the car to get to a packed mall isn't really my thing. I would have to say titlenine, gap, llbean, EMS, and backcountry.com
  • Goldie, what lake? I live right on Squam Lake and I grew up on Newfound!
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child? Most of our family vacations involved camping. My family loves to go to Silver Creek Plunge in Garden Valley, ID... they have a hot spring pool that is to die for.
    Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway? Like many of you, FI and I don't really get to take weekend getaways... at least not any that are just the two of us. We do love to go bowling though (as nerdy as that sounds, lol)!
    What is your favorite summertime drink? I love lemonade and sun tea. They both just scream summer. :)
    Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear? I mostly shop at Old Navy and Gap, since I've worked for Gap for 3 years, lol.
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child?  My family always went to St. Augustine Florida when I was a kid to visit my aunt. We always stayed at this amazing condo place with a great pool and private beach!

Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway?  We haven't had much time lately. But my dad has a small place on Lake St. Mary's in St. Mary's Ohio. We are simple people so it's nice to just float on the water and throw back some beers with good friends

What is your favorite summertime drink?  Leinencugals Summer Shandy or Margaritas of course!!

Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear?  Victoria's Secret definitely.  They always have the cutest suits and cover ups. and they are so affordable...now just to look like the models who wear them...hmmm
  • What was your favorite vacation as a child? We went to Winnipesaukee a lot, or the Cape, or Wells Beach.
    Where do you and FI like to go for a weekend getaway? We still head up to the lake a lot. FIs parents have their boats docked up there, so we sleep on the big one for a cheap weekend getaway.
    What is your favorite summertime drink? mojitos
    Where do you shop the most for summertime clothing/swimwear?  clothing-J. Crew, swimwear- VS
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards