• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Have you bought your dress yet?

I keep thinking it's a little too early, but in order for me to pick my colors I want to find my dress. I saw one that I love and it has a blush accent, so I'm not sure if the yellow and green I wanted to use will work, if I end up choosing that dress.

And I want to make sure I that if I do choose green that I can pick bridesmaids dresses in the green that I want.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Have you bought your dress yet?

• I don`t have my dress yet. I went to two places to try some but didn`t love anything. I`m not really sure what I want either, so it might be difficult. However, when I went to Alfred Angelo, I found the color I want for my bridesmaids, and they were able to give a piece of the fabric so it`s going to be easier now. I think I have till the end of summer to find the dress but I`m afraid that I won`t find THE ONE.

Good luck:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm waiting until late summer/early fall to start dress shopping.  It's so tempting to start now, but I figured that having more than a year between ordering my dress and actually wearing it is just too much . . . so much can change between now and then (body, taste, available styles).  
    As far as your colors dilemma goes, I chose venue first, I'm deciding my colors based on what goes best with the venue, and then I'll make sure that my dress fits with that.     
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I picked out my dress, but haven't went to purchase it yet. (Busy schedule)...but I was really nervous about finding a dress too early, but when I realized I couldn't find anything I loved, I realized it was a good idea to start looking early. I just got lucky and fell in love with a dress early on and I don't think there is any going back haha. For anyone interested it is a Sophia Tolli and the style is Irene. It is so different, but definitely is me and has a "wow" factor. The picture on the website doesn't do this dress justice (and the color is wrong, I am going with Ivory...not the Light Gold shown in the pictures) I felt awesome in it and knew it was the one :) Hope you have some luck! If you want to start early, start early...if not, you shouldn't have a problem. I was just told that my dress would take 3-6 months to come in after I order it.
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress Mother's Day weekend.
    I really wanted to wait until Aug/Sept. to look, but I have every weekend in Aug planned already and I wanted to go with my mom who's a 2 hour drive away.
    I am also very, very, very picky and thought I would be driving all over New England looking, but after 5 hours and 2 shops, I found it!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No dress.. but have been avidly trying on dresses! I know what style I want, and shape, but refuse to order until i kick my butt into high gear and loose some weight! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've already purchased my dress.  I found it in my first store in March, and took some time to think about it.  The more I thought about it, the more I loved the dress (to the point of obsessively looking at the dress on the designer's website daily).  So, I knew no other dress would compare, so I went back and purchsed it on May 1.

I just knew, and didn't want to wait.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • prncszprncsz member
    1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    I haven't yet but I've tried on a few which is a good thing because I started out wanting a ball gown but after trying on several have decided to go with a fit-n-flare gown. Now I'm just looking for one with the look that I want (sweetheart top and then some kind of embellishments on it) I plan to continue looking over the summer and find a place that will let me pay on it for a few months and then once I get a certain amount paid order it. My weight fluxuates and by getting on a payment plan I can lock in the price on my dress and then still have a better idea of what my weight will be like around the time it is ordered. I too kept thinking it's too early to be looking, etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • i wasn't planning on shopping until september but after seeing photos online i got too excited and have gone to a couple of stores. i think i found the one but i want to go to a couple more stores to make sure. i'll probably make a decision in a month. though i agress with you it feels early.
  • I've been wondering if it's too soon to start looking at dresses too, so I'm glad people are talking about this! I am ridiculously excited about planning right now (been engaged for a month!) so I'd really like to go try on some dresses, but I think I'm going to make myself wait. I'd like to go to a few bridal stores in July or August to see what's in season for the summer, but I'll probably wait until winter to actually purchase the dress so it has time to go down in price. But this is all hypothetical... who knows what will actually happen when I start trying them on! Laughing
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
  • I was planning on just browsing for a while. On my third trip to a shop (three different shops, not three to the same shop) I ended up purchasing my gown. I was not expecting to, but really loved it. I am really happy and confident with the purchase I made (thank goodness!).
  • im waiting to tone up a tad lol. i dont care about being a fat bride, i just want to be toned lol
    Anniversary
  • I wanted to wait... but I found a perfect one for $250 I COULDN'T pass up that deal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010

Free shipping!
    Description BEAUTIFUL DRESS !!!
    THAT DOES NOT FIT ME ANYMORE..
    Beautiful white Oleg Cassini wedding dress with full ball gown skirt and chapel length train. Strapless satin bodice has delicate beaded embroidery. Ball gown skirt has organza overlay with scattered beaded embroidery.

5 POINT bustle..
    Designer: Oleg Cassini
    Name: Ct 258
    Original Price: $1,150.00 USD
    Asking Price: $600.00 USD IF I MAILING IT TO YOU.
    condition: Gently used /Like New
    Has been altered

Train: Chapel
    Label Size: 4 Street Size: 4

Bust: 34

Height w/shoes: 5' 2"
    yes been dry cleaned.. slip is INclude , davids bridals corset bra #7643WHITE keep in mind if you buy a new dress you pay for alterations, and tax..SEIROUS BUYERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No, there are no missing beads, stains, or tears . That is definitely important :)
    IF YOU LIVE IN SAN DIEGO CA CAN PICK UP IT IS $500. Year Purchased:2010
    shoes,flutes book sale

Dyeable peep toe d'Orsay high heel with criss cross
    Dyeable satin peep toe d'Orsay has a high heel and is cut away at the side to reveal the arch of the foot. The front face has two straps that criss cross in the shape of an "x". A classic shoe that looks great with short strapless dresses.  size 5 1/2

This longline bra from Felina has a smooth seam free foam bodice for shape and support; seamless foamed lined cups; molded graduated pads; and hidden under wire. Boning is placed only in the back and sides create amazing comfort and versatility. The low strapless neckline and low back make this a versatile bridal bra style. 34 c

Well Wisher Guestbook
    Everyone always wants to give you their words of wisdom and secrets that kept their's a happy marriage....remember all of them for years to come with this brilliant keepsake guest book.
    Guests write messages to the couple on the included 3 1/2" x 2" white cards. The white book has cards pre-printed with the phrase, "Share a Wedding Wish." After the wedding, the cards are inserted into this specially designed "A Book of Wedding Wishes". (Pen not included).
    Each book features clear sleeves for holding 72 cards. 75 cards are included.

email [email protected]

• I bought my dress this past April.. finally picked it up last month.. Just wanted to get a jump start.. Wanted to spread the to do's list apart.. didn't want to do everything at the same time.. Smile I find it less stressful that way..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards