Honeymoon Discussions
Options

where???

trying to decide where to go.
we are getting married sept. 3rd 2011 and i really want to go somehwere warm, like tahiti or aruba or something. just not sure.
some ppl have suggested a cruise but im not sure. im thinking i want something a little more secluded than a ship with thousands of people.
any seuggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: where???

• Options
    I'm an avid cruiser! There are places/times when it's a million people- like during the day during high season when there's a bazillion kids running around- but you can definitely spend some secluded time in the ports just exploring the cities, or doing things like the spa on the ship. Also, if you do cruise, I would rec an oceanview balcony- so nice to enjoy breakfast/coffee with FI (DH once you're on your honeymoon!) by yourselves.

Anyways, I can't really rec different islands, as I've only been to big Bahama. We're cruising southern Caribbean for our HM in May though, very excited to see the islands and pick one for our next big trip! :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    if you want more secluded look at aruba or costa rica.  or a small resort on any of the islands.  but remember, it is hurricane season then, so you also might want to consider hawaii (way more expensive from what i recall).
  • Options
    If you are worried about hurricane season in the Caribbean, then look into Aruba and Curacao which are south of the hurricane belt.
    It will be the rainy season in Costa Rica.  The weather can be a bit unpredictable.
    Hawaii is a safe bet.
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
  • Options
    Aruba weather is pretty reliable. I think you will find a huge price difference with Tahiti, the flights and hotels are much more expensive than going to the Caribbean. St Lucia is supposed to be really nice too.

Have you thought about talking to a travel agent? I think there are reviews on the Wedding channel now, and they might be really helpful to you.
  • Options
    I would recommend Curacao for that time of year.  Also LOVE St Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.  We are going to Turks and Caicos for our honeymoon though.  I would say it depends on the resort you choose, but most anywhere you can find a way to make it secluded and romantic but still be around people when you want to be.  I am not a cruiser, so cannot recommend on that one.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards