• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Started registering!

I know it's early, but we wanted to do it, plus some people are already asking where we are registered for engagement gifts. So we went to Bed Bath and Beyond. They have so much stuff. The woman who helped us was really nice, but a bit pushy. We kinda wanted to just go off on our own, but she stuck by us the entire time.
After about 2 hours there, both Andy and I were getting overwhelmed and tired, so we left and I tweaked things at home.
We are also going to register at Macy's and REI. I'm excited! It was very fun! :)
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Started registering!

• We started a registry with Pampered Chef (FI is an excellent cook) and we have an empty registry with Bed Bath & Beyond. We'll probably start putting stuff on there before Christmas...
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt1490e0.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and no one followed us around - we filled out the paperwork, the lady gave us the scan gun and we went off on our own. She checked on us one time asking how we were doing, we said ok and she walked away. When we were done we actually had to go look for her....so we didn't have any sort of pushy experience. We also registered at Macys, but we did that online so I can't give any feedback on that. I will say that I prefer my BBB registry over Macy's....since the dishes I wanted at Macy's (and the reason I registered there) are unavailable to add to registrys...even though they are in stock and can be purchased and ship within two days. I ended up adding similiar ones to my BBB registry. I wish I would have know you can't register for anything you want at Macy's....I may have passed on them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Started registering!:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know you register for your engagment. I just always thought people give you cash.  I am not doing a registry because I do want cash. 
    Posted by tychandler[/QUOTE]

I think it varies a lot based off your crowd. My grandparents and their friends were all insisting that we register, other people just gave us gift cards, some people just a bottle of wine, etc. This was for our engagement party.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aren't you worried that some of the things you register for now will be discontinued by the time of the actual wedding?
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • tychandle For your engagement party etiquette is nobody is required to give a gift or cash. If you do it is a bonus. At least that is what I have read.

We registered at BBB. A lady was going to follow us around but my FI was very cranky. (See my vent on Pittsburgh page for more info). I just told her politely that we would like to walk around on our own and check things out. She had left and we went about our registry. We are going keep an eye on it in case things go discontinued but for the most part we are excited with what we picked. 

I am not sure if we would or should register elsewhere because we are an established couple and don't need much. We put everything on BBB. Your thoughts?
    [QUOTE]Aren't you worried that some of the things you register for now will be discontinued by the time of the actual wedding?
    Posted by Shtallionchick14[/QUOTE]

I think at stores like Macy's and BBB there's less turn over than Crate and Barrel and Pier 1. We only did a few things on our list and they're wine glasses, vases, cutting board. When we go to Macys (hopefully this weekend) we plan on registering for place settings and flatware. I feel like this type of stuff tends to stay in stock longer. Also, I know my grandparents will be buying us stuff off our registry for Christmas.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]Aren't you worried that some of the things you register for now will be discontinued by the time of the actual wedding?
    Posted by Shtallionchick14[/QUOTE]

Not at all- I'll check in on it... I'm loving that I am getting things done now when I have time so it's all good!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards