Honeymoon Discussions

Need help! HM in the US

My fiance and I are getting married in early September of this year.  We're going to honeymoon in the United States because of passport issues, and are looking to spend $2000-$3000.  I'd love an all-inclusive, but I know they're hard to come by in the US.  We still haven't settled on mountains or beach; I really think we'd be happy with either one.  Any suggestions???

Re: Need help! HM in the US

• Beaches: Hawaii, Florida Keys, Myrtle Beach
    Mountains: Anywhere in CO, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite
    Other Cool Places: Boston, NYC, Napa, Chicago, Austin
  • Oooh, those are good ones!  Here are a few more:

Beach: Miami, Coronado Island in San Diego, Sanibel, Martha's Vineyard, Newport, RI
    Mountains: Bar Harbor in Maine (also a beach!), BIg Sur, CA, Gatlinburg, TN

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • If you can afford it, there actually is one all-inclusive resort in Hawaii, I can't remember the name but I found it by googling.

You could do a tour of wine country in Napa, spend a week in the Outer Banks, NC, get a cabin in Colorodo; there are lots of things to do in the U.S.  My favorite beaches are Corolla in the Outer Banks and Cape May, NJ.  Bar Harbor does have a beach, but it's not as warm as most beaches.  It is really pretty, and I like that it's more rocks vs sand, but I've never been able to swim there because the water is so cold.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oooooooooh forgot about Martha's Vinyard!  One of my favorite vacation spots!!
  • You can also go to PR or the USVI without a passport - you just need a valid US ID and a copy of your birth certificate to get back without one - and there are all-inclusive resorts there. 

Mountains:  Jackson Hole, WY or Big Sky, MT - either of these would allow you to do Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons as well. 

Beach:  Sanibel Island, just off the coast of Ft. Myers, FL, is beautiful

Other:  Niagra Falls
    Vacation

Vacation
  • FI and I just booked our honeymoon last week.... we're going to The Winds Resort in Ocean Isle Beach, NC.   The pictures on the website look awesome and the reviews on the place look pretty good.  We wanted something affordable as well, and this is only costing us around $1100 for 6N/7D  (minus gas and extras of course). 

They have a couple different honeymoon packages to choose from, I think all of which include an oceanfront room.  Plus its about a 45 minute drive from Myrtle Beach, SC so if you're in the mood for some people and boardwalk, its worth a trip down there! We've never been there before but we figured its worth a shot....  as long as we're together and we get to go to the ocean like we wanted, then it can't be a bad time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards