• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Tried on dresses for the first time today! but i have a slight problem...

It was an overwhelming but awesome experience. I found one that I LOVE already. I am still going to go to a few other places in the next 2 weeks but I have a feeling that this one is going to be "the one". 

I always imagined that my dress would be bright white but the dress actually ivory. I can order it in white but to be honest I think it looks perfect in the shade that I tried it on in. Anyway the dilema is that I was planning on going with yellow BM dresses but when I held a yellow dress up next to mine it didn't look very good at all :( 

We had been planning on yellow with navy accents but now I fel like I have to start from scratch! anyone have any color suggestions? I was thinking maybe a nice shade of green.

This is the dress! 

in case it doesn't tak you to the exact one the is Style CWG322

Sorry for the looong post :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tried on dresses for the first time today! but i have a slight problem...

• I really like the uniqueness of the dress...it's very pretty!

My dress is ivory too! And our colors are going to be a royal/indigo blue w/light green accents.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • beautiful!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • gorgeous dress! mine is also ivory :)
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt1490e0.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I had a similar issue because the dress I bought has a lot of color (it's almost peachy), and the yellow bridesmaids dresses I liked looked awful with it.  I'm doing orange dresses for the bridesmaids instead.  Anyways, I've seen orange accents with navy, and I really like it.  Some people are orange adverse, but that might look good as an accent.  Good luck!
    imagePhotobucket imagePhotobucket Promote My Wedding
  • I have an ivory dress and i am doing Silver/gray BM dress with yellow accent but the blue would look really nice with the silver color as well
    [
  • I am actually doing Navy with Yellow, too. I wanted the accent to be hot pink but the FI wasn't feeling it and with my small wedding 3 colors seemed a bit much. 

My pick would be hot pink.  If you aren't sold on it. You can go to David's Bridal and sit down with all there switches and match them together to see what you like. I use to work there and did it with my brides a few times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards