Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Survey: Anyone who had or is planning a Australia, Hawaii or Tahitian Islands Honeymoon.

If you do not mind, would you share some details about your honeymoon if you had or are planning a Hawaii or Tahitian Islands Honeymoon?  TIA!
Which Place?
When did you go/are you going?
How Many Days?
Approx Cost?
Also if you could share some itinerary information like how many days you spent in each place (or are planning to), where you stayed (or planning to), etc
If you did already go, what was your favorite experience/restaurant/hotel.  Thank you again!

Re: Survey: Anyone who had or is planning a Australia, Hawaii or Tahitian Islands Honeymoon.

• Options
    we are planning on Hawaii for 7 days in Oahu. The airfare plus hotel from Montana is $2500 (best discount on sams club travel online, way better then I could find anywhere else) We are anticipating another $1500-2000 in food and activities. We are debating between the Hilton hawaiin village or Coconut Waikiki, you can't beat the reviews for the coconut waikiki so we are leaning towards that, its a small boutique hotel not right on the beach so its quieter. Depending on if you rather be right on the beach or little away from the hussle and bussle.

We are planning on going parasailing, to luau's, dinner cruise, pearl harbor, and a few other activities we'll decide on when we get there.
  • Options
    We just booked our honeymoon last week to Hawaii!  YAY!!!  We are going to Maui for 5 nights then Kauai for 4 nights.  For flight (from Utah), car rentals and hotels we are spending just under $4,000 but you can definately do it for cheaper. 

We are staying at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai, which definately bumped our price up a lot, but I have stayed there and it is a great hotel!  In Maui we are staying at the  Royal Lahaina in Kaanapali.

I had never used a travel agent before booking this trip, but our was unbelievably helpful and I'm glad we decided to not book everything ourselves!!  We used Rhonda at VIP Travel (Rhondavipvacations@rcn.com).  She was highly recommended on these boards and has found us way better deals than anything found on my own.  We told her a general idea of what we wanted, how long and our price range, and she gave us a few options.
  • Options
    Which Place? Oahu (Outrigger Wikiki) and Maui (Aston Kaanapali Shores)
    When did you go/are you going?June 27-July 7
    How Many Days? 10 days-4 on Oahu, 6 in Maui
    Approx Cost? Flight from PA, hotels, and rental car cost $3300, activities (we are taking a trip to Pearl Harbor, taking a 6 hour snorkeling/boating trip, a tour of Diamond Head, and going to a luau) is $700.  We are planning on $1200 for food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Which Place? Oahu & Maui
    When did you go/are you going? August 10-28 2009
    How Many Days? 18 awesome days (2 on Oahu, 16 on Maui - we got married there too)
    Approx Cost? We spent about 6000$, I think. The wedding stuff is all wrapped up in there for me.
    Also if you could share some itinerary information like how many days you spent in each place (or are planning to), where you stayed (or planning to), etcIf you did already go, what was your favorite experience/restaurant/hotel.  One of my favourite things (and I didn't do it this trip) was camp in one of the cabins in Haleakala's crater. That was sooo much fun. Surfing with Goofy Foot in Lahaina, eating at Sansei & Roy's. Definitely do a snokeling & kayak tour with Maui Eco Tours. It's great!
  • Options
    Which Place?  Maui, HI When did you go/are you going? Went March 2010
    How Many Days? 7 days
    Approx Cost? $2000 (our airfaire and excursions were free with DH's credit card rewards)
    Also if you could share some itinerary information like how many days you spent in each place (or are planning to), where you stayed (or planning to), etc
    7 days in Maui- got a rental car and spent time in each part of the island.  1 day driving the west coast, snorkel cruise, whale watch cruise, 1 day road to Hana, 1 day driving up Haleaka Crater, 1 day in Io Valley hiking around, a luau one night.

If you did already go, what was your favorite experience/restaurant/hotel.  Thank you again!
    Best restaurant was a tie: Mama's fish house and Duke's (eat the Hula Pie!).  Best experience was snorkeling at Hono Lua Bay.  Rent some snorkel gear and drive there and snorkel all day.  It was beautiful
  • Options
    Which Place? Hawaii -Oahu for 3 nights and Maui for 6 nights
    When did you go/are you going? August 2009
    How Many Days? 10 days
    Approx Cost? 4k plus another 2k on food/activities
    Also if you could share some itinerary information like how many days you spent in each place (or are planning to), where you stayed (or planning to), etc Marriott Waikiki Beach on Oahu and Hyatt Regency in Kannapali on Maui
    If you did already go, what was your favorite experience/restaurant/hotel.  We loved the Hyatt resort--it was beautiful!  We also loved visiting Pearl Harbor, ziplining on Maui, and doing a sunset champagne cruise on Maui.  Favorite foods:  Old Lahaina Luau (Maui), Mama's Fish House (Maui), Duke's (Waikiki), and Cool Cat Burgers (Maui)

imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards