• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

How long is *too* long for a first dance?

I am shying away from my first choice for first dance song because I'm afraid that Sarah McLachlan's "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" (the live version from the Mirroball album) is too long at 5 minutes and 50 seconds for people to just watch us dance to.

Is it too long?

Re: How long is *too* long for a first dance?

• I would say its your first dance, its your only first dance.  do what you want!!!!  for the extra 2 minutes your audience can deal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is it possible that you could edit it down? I think almost 6 minutes of a couple rocking back and forth is a bit much. I was thinking around 3 - 3:30.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • If your dance is either choreographed, or if you are doing more than just swaying back and forth, then it might not be so bad to sit there for almost 6 mins.

I'm hoping to be around 3:30 or less.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not familiar with the song, but my question would be is there a particular segment of the song you REALLY feel strongly about? If it's in the middle, take a while to get to the floor, dance, then have them cut it short with a fade out. If it's toward the beginning or end, take your time arriving to the floor, or fade it.

Honestly, it's such a small deal for the guests, and a lot take pics, some go to the bathroom (like the intermission at a play, LOL), I wouldn't stress about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards