• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

Irrational Irritations / Confessions

Oh how I love Tuesdays! LOL

My Irrational Irritation is the same it was last week... one of my best guy friend's and his facebook statuses. He's finally stopped the emo, but he's still posting things that I'm just completely irritated by. I have lost patience and started saying what I reaslly think... and then I usually try to end with something nice because I feel bad.

Examples (Becuase they're kinda funny):
Yesterday Morning (prior to going in to get a root canal, he's terrified of the dentist apparently and last week I told him to stop panicking two hours before the dentist appointment because he's going to give himself a heart attack):
Him: Freaked out? Yes. Paranoid? Yes. Terrified? Almost. Panicked? I will be, in about an hour or so. Just trying to keep myself distracted..... and it isn't working
Me: Writing facebook statuses about the terror won't help. Go do something that involves your mind AND your body.
and typing out a new facebook status doesn't count ;)

Yesterday Afternoon:
Him: Drive up to the dentist office and what do I find?? 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances, a few cops..... That's not helping me keep my calm!
Me:  Your oral surgeous is probably a sadist that's just waiting to torture you, and the police haven't figured how who left all the tortured bodies in the basement of the building and so he's going to get to do all sorts of awful, painful thing...s to you before they can figure it out and they'll rescue you, only he'll be halfway through sewing your mouth shut, without anasthetic, after stuffing it full of sharp, hideous metal things that will pull out all your teeth when they try to get your mouth back open.

Or you could stop overdoing it with the paranoia since all the emergency workers there have NOTHING to do with the oral surgeon and therefore you're not just allowing outside factors to escalate your panic, you're actively encouraging it. You can't help your paranoia about the dentist at the moment, although may I suggest therapy for the long term, but adding in extra panic and fear from a completely unrelated situational factor is just silly and verging on melodramatic. Stop doing this to yourself.

That being said, go get em tiger! *HUGS*

Yesterday Evening:
Him
: I should have talked to her. She was giving me the invitation eyes. I forgot how rusty my game really is. MAN UP!!!
"You can't lose what you don't put in the middle.... But you can't win much either."
Me: ‎"Reach for the stars. You might not touch them, but you won't end up with a handful of mud either."
Getting tired of hearing about how you're letting them slip away... this is the second facebook status I've seen from you about that in two weeks. Third time's the charm and if you don't go for it next time you better not post about it cuz relentless mocking will commence! ;) Glad to see that the root canal didn't totally knock you on your ass though!
Another Friend: Read your status again, The problem is right there, Stop playing games and start playing life
Me: [Another Friend] = My hero on this status

Like... seriously. Yes it's kind of entertaining but it's also completely ridiculous and it's getting on my nerves. and judging by his other friend's comment... I'm not the only one. It's kind of funny because on every single one of the things that I've written on his status, 3-5 people come along almost immediately after and "like" what I've said. One girl has just been writing "I agree with Muffin" right behind me on all of them LOL.

I'm so tired of his whiny, emo, freaking-out statuses... like, seriously. Those three all in a row? And that was just YESTERDAY. There are more. And there are no positive ones in between. I am so tired of watching him run himself down, panic himself up and overshare on his statuses. Although, I am grateful for the recent lack of "My life sucks / I'm so depressed / Everything is Horrible but no I don't want to talk about it" statuses, I am still irritated.

Confession this week: I want it to beChristmas already.

Anyone else?
Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
Vacation
Married Bio
Day Zero / Blog

Re: Irrational Irritations / Confessions

• Lol lol Jennie :) I am ready for Christmas to be over haha! This week is super busy and work is really annoying. I wish it was Friday already!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You're hysterical Jenni!  I love the comment about how his oral surgeon is probably a sadist with bodies in the basement. 

My irritations aren't really irrational.

One of my work friends, whom I'll call R, has an issue with texting while at lunch.  She eats lunch every day with another friend (A) and me.  All throughout lunch, she'll interrupt us or stop talking herself if her husband sends her a text.  She always reads it and responds while A and I wait.  And she's constantly poking at her phone to see if she's missed a text from him.  Last Thursday, when R's phone buzzed, A was finally like "You'll see your husband at home!  Put the freakin phone away!".  She said it in a joking tone, but I could tell she was serious.  And R seemed taken aback that I agreed with A.  For the rest of that lunch, she didn't touch her phone.  But of course she's been back at it at every lunch since then.  Is it just me, or is it rude to be constantly texting while you're with other people?  It's not life or death.  I get that R's hubby is #1, but it feels like she's also saying that his texts are way more important than anything A or I have to say.  This has been bothering me for awhile.

Another irritation is how so many people treat the sink in the kitchen area here at work like it's their own personal sink.  I'm talking dirty dishes stacked way up, both in the sink and on the edges.  Sometimes it's hard for me to get my dish into the sink so I can wash it.  Someone (who apparently feels as I do) put up a sign telling people to NOT leave their dirty dishes in the sink.  Either leave them at your desk or wash them right away.  Yet people still toss their crap in the sink and walk away.

Confession:  I'm up for an investment analysis position.  I should find out this week if I got it.  Half of me doesn't want the job.  It'll mean working a shift I don't like with tons of overtime because the position is so busy and intense.  I'm bored to tears at my current position, and the new one is what I went to school for, but I don't want work to become my life.  And I don't want to have to deal with the crazy rush hour I'll have to deal with if I get the position.  There is no initial pay increase, but there is the opportunity to move up.  But do I want to move up to positions that are even more intense?  Guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Ugh Kristen, I would find that incredibly annoying. She sounds incredibly clingy to her husband, not to mention incredibly rude! I just wouldn't let her stop the conversation. If she's mid-sentence and stops talking, just start talking with your own topic of conversation and if she's like, "Hey I was saying something." Just say, "Oh, well when you stop talking and start looking at your phone people are going to assume that you're no longer interested in the conversation."  If she's not midsentence, then just ignore her and keep talking to A. Stop waiting for her, eventually she'll start feeling left out and start being more involved. And if she whines about it, just remind her that her involvement in the conversation is up to her and if she wants to be more involved then she can be.

If someone wants to be rude and text, I feel like that's their choice of behavior, but I don't need to have my conversation wait for it.

And that's a rough job decision! I don't envy you that one.

Thanks sterch... ME TOO! =)
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • OMG Jennie, that would drive me insane!

K - good luck with the job decision, if you get it.  I used to think I wanted to do all of these things with my career, but I can't even decide on a career that I want (I've had 3 jobs in 4 years, though, one year was AmeriCorps, one year was a great job in a terrible situation and I've had this job for two years).  I get not wanting work to be all you do.

Sterch - sorry work in annoying.  I think I'm going to make the Italian Wedding soup recipe you sent me with my Mom over the holidays!

I'm irritated with myself.  I can't get excited about Christmas.  And I LOVE Christmas.  Part of the problem is that we celebrated Christmas at Thanksgiving with my family and part of the problem is that work has been so crazy that I haven't done any of my typical Christmas things, like going to the Pops Concert, seeing the Macy's windows, looking at the gingerbread houses, watching The Holiday, etc.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Kristen- I completely agree with Muffins on that one. Just ignore her. She'll eventually get the hint. Who is that clingy to their H? It just sounds weird. Also, good luck on the job thing!

I am so so antsy to get out of here and start our drive to Indiana! We're supposed to leave Thursday afternoon after we get done with work and I am counting down the hours now! Work has been so stressful this month and having one day off a week just doesn't cut it for me after working 60 hours. Hopefully today will be good though. I have a short, easy work day, then I'm having dinner with a friend, and H is taking me on a date to see the lights at the botanic gardens. Should be fun. I'm heading out now, you ladies enjoy your Tuesday!
    image image
  • I am not very excited about Christmas either Mandi. It has to do with seeing my brother on Sat and lack of money, but its so odd for me to not be into it this yr. Good luck making the soup! Yummm :) H is disappointed I am not making it this yr. As for work, I think it will help me start looking for a new job in Jan.
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm less excited for Christmas than usual too... I think it's because I really just want time to chill more than anything. LOL. And I haven't done any of my typical Christmas things either. I haven't even decorated the tree in our apartment!

Nicole that sounds like so much fun! I should get DH to take me out to see some lights near us... that's something I normally love to do. Maybe that'll help me get into the Christmas spirit!
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • HAHAHAHA My friend's Dad just commented on his status about "I should have talked to her"
    Friend's Dad: The answer is always NO if you don't ask the question.

His dad is so awesome.
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Kristin, your friend is annoying and incredibly rude.  I think you and A need to keep at her until she understand she should not have her phone out during lunch, or tell her that the two of you are going to start having lunch without her.  I have a friend who is also tied to her phone and it makes me nuts.  We were at the start area of a race (running) in the mountains one time, and there was no cell or data service.  She was exasperated and said "great, what am I supposed to do for the next half hour without service?"  I responded, "maybe talk with the real live person you're with?"  Seriously, some people have zero social skills.

Missy, good luck with your brother on Sat.  I'm sad for you that you're not able to get in the spirit this year.    And you, too, Mandie.  But at least there's always next year, when things will hopefully be less hectic.

Nicole, have fun at the Botanic Gardens!  Brad and I will be there Thursday night, on the second anniversary of our first date.  :)

Jenni, your friend annoys me, too.  I'd have to hide his status updates, I have very little patience for that kind of nonsense.

I don't really have any irrational irritations or confessions.  Things have been crazy busy for me, but Brad and I are still finding time to enjoy the season.  I'm very excited to leave on Friday to go see his family.  It'll be my first real family Christmas in twenty years.  (Wow, I just did the math on that one.)

The other potentially big news for us is we've decided to meet with an adoption agency to expore our options.  No decisions have been made, and we still have lots of doubts to work through, but we've put it on the table.  I'm excited and scared and afriad to get my hopes up. 
  • KK, that is so exciting!  I feel like you and Brad would be amazing parents if you decide to go through with adoption. I have a few friends who work in adoption, and it is good that you are going in there just to explore your options.  So many people just rush into the decision, and there is a lot that goes into it (not just being a parent, but being an adoptive parent).  I just feel like adopting a child is one of the best things you can do with your life, and I really hope that Mike and I have the opportunity to do it,  as well. 

ETA: this is not meant to put down natural births, and Mike and I also plan on having at least one kid of our "own"

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Thanks, Mandie, you just brought tears to my eyes.  I think we'd be great parents, too, but I never thought I'd have the chance to have children.  So I'm still kind of terrified.  I'm also feeling like I want to get all the information ASAP, to keep me from falling in love with the idea and then being disappointed if we're told our chances aren't good. 
  • KK how exciting! I agree with Mandie about exploring options being great. My mom's adopted and it's something I've always wanted to do, and fortunately DH needed no convincing whatsoever to be totally on board! I know when the time comes though, we're going to go slowly with the process too.

Good luck with the exploration! =)
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • KK omggg!!! How exciting!! :) Best of luck during the process and come back and tell us about it!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Damn, are we surrounded by annoying people or what? I can't comment much today because I'm on drugs. My irritation last week was that my boss brought her pneumonia-ridden daughter with her to work. Guess what? 2 days later I got sick! I went to work yesterday because I had a deadline. After I got off work, went to the store, unloaded groceries, cooked dinner & folded laundry, I had a complete meltdown. My daughter went in the kitchen "um,hey Patrick, mom is in bed being hysterical." So H and DD finished making dinner, brought me some in bed, delivered tea to me, brought me my laptop and knitting, and just generally made me grateful they're around. Then H forced me to stay home today. Good call. I hope my boss is lost without me because it's all her fault I'm sick!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_irrational-irritations-confessions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:0a97fac9-58db-4dd9-bbd5-337ebb1a50fePost:b4b58e86-6059-4396-983f-8438f41f6857">Re: Irrational Irritations / Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other potentially big news for us is we've decided to meet with an adoption agency to expore our options.  No decisions have been made, and we still have lots of doubts to work through, but we've put it on the table.  I'm excited and scared and afriad to get my hopes up. 
    Posted by kkellygrosz[/QUOTE]

TK needs a "like" button on here.  That's exciting news!  :)
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • MRadsMRads member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Dawn, I hope your boss has a truely craptastic day.  Glad your H made you stay in bed today.  And I hope you feel better soon!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Dawn I hope u feel better soon!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ugh, wtf dawn's boss?! That's some bullshit.
    Nice to hear how DH and DD are taking good care of you though! =)
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Kathleen that's awesome! First steps are always fun!

I agree with everyone people are getting on my nerves.

I am the MOH in my best friends wedding she was my MOH. The difference between how she is doing her wedding and how I did mine is amazing. Nothing wrong with it, but Drama Drama Drama and now she's trying to say it was my fault. To the point were her FI emailed me telling me that it was my responsibility to take all of the stress off her.
    I just sat stunned.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • whoaaaaaa Medusia :( i am sorry. whats the drama?
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • KATHLEEN!!!! My jaw just dropped! SO exciting! Can't wait to see you guys after the holidays. I hope you have all kinds of awesome information to share. :) Congrats on such a big step!

P.S. I was actually thinking about calling you to see if you guys wanted to join us, but we're going kind of late since I'm having dinner with a friend first. I'm glad you'll get to go on Thursday though. I'm looking forward to tonight.
    image image
  • Medusia, that's such crap.  Is this the friend you're doing the STD for?  Sorry you're dealing with that.  What is it with weddings that turn people crazy?

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes it is the STD lady.

The entire thing started when the Bride told us(Myself, and our best friend also MOH) that she only wanted 1 big shower for her to be thrown. So We(other MOH & I) took on the responsibility. I was getting with her Mom to start getting a list together(yes I am aware it is super early for an Oct. wedding, however we are planners and like to know ahead of time how many people to plan for) so then talking to her Mom we found out there was another shower being thrown, unknown to the Bride or her family. Then I started talking to the other BM's and found out one of the BM's had hurt feelings because she wanted to throw a shower by herself.

Not a big deal, coolbeans less people for us to plan for. So in the end we went from 1 shower to now there are 4, and no one knew anything of what was going on.

I tried to start communication between everyone and no one was willing to talk to me about it. Then yesterday it finally came out into the open that we needed to get the info so we the planners could make sure we weren't doing them on the same dates.

That started the email war, and somehow I was blamed for everything. The the Bride's Fiance decided to email me today and basically say that it was my responsibility to get with everyone else and take all of the stress off the Bride for the entire wedding.

I informed him that I was not her wedding planner nor was it my responsibility to do that. He didn't like it too much. It's just one big crazy mess.

Sorry that got super long!!
    Anniversary
  • bravo to your response to him Medusia. That's a load of bull-take all the stress off of her? How about she stop creating stress and that will solve a lot of problems! I will think good thoughts for you until October, this wedding may be a wild ride.

DH went to work, now I'm bored. We spent the morning on our laptops in bed showing each other funny things off of the internet. My pinterest has been a little out of control. Now I'm watching Desperate Housewives and cats chase each other up & down the hall. I'm not good at being sick. 
  • Good for you Medusia! That's just completely craziness... how does he not realize that it's HIS wedding too and it's actually HIS job to keep the bride from getting too stressed by helping her out with HIS wedding?! Dumbass.

Good for you for not taking that!
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Woww that is B.S. Good for you in ur response! Perhaps she should be mad at the other 3 ppl planning a shower since she only wants one!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks Ladies!

I'm not sure he'll like me much, but I've only known him for 6 months so he has no idea who he's talking to. I've been friends with the Bride for almost 17years. We'll see how the rest of the wedding goes!!

Dawn- I would much rather be at home, not so much sick but watching TV sounds more fun than building users today!
    Anniversary
  • Medusia, sounds like she and her FI have a lot more to figure out than just STDs.  Good luck with all of that and good for you for standing up for yourself.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I'm more than a little irritated at a seller on Amazon!  I bought H a new wedding band. The one we bought originally is very thick & heavy and bothers his other fingers.  I wanted to get him one that was more comfortable.

I got the ring in the mail yesterday. It's Titanium.  It has 2 huge gouges in it!!!!  I thought Titanium was supposed to be strong?  Anyway, I contact the seller via Amazon to let them know of the problem, kinda hoping they would just send out another one (it wasn't expensive).  NOPE.  Just says that the ring is new and I can return it for a refund if I'm not satisfied.

Uncomplimentary review already done on Amazon!  So there!  Tongue out
    Anniversary
  • H GOT A JOB!!
    image image
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards