Honeymoon Discussions
Options

HM Ideas...Help!!!

I am trying to figure out where to go for our HM.  I have a budget of $4k but have no idea where to go.  The HM will be in December so I want to go somewhere warm or tropical but my fiancé does not want to go to Hawaii.  I've looked at Fiji and Costa Rica because they are supposed to be the places to go for an unforgettable HM.  I've heard good things about St. Lucia and the French Caribbean Islands but do not have any info on them.  I've thought about using a travel agent but I don't know if it is worth paying the extra cost.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: HM Ideas...Help!!!

• Options
    I have heard great things about St Lucia and Costa Rica.  I personally wouldn't consider Fiji it's just to far for me and I don't like to be on a plane forever.  I can barely make my plane rides to the  Caribbean without going crazy.  I would contact a TA if I was you. 
  • Options
    Oh and I meant to tell you that not all TA's charge a fee, our TA doesn't and she price matches the internet sites which is a major plus!
  • Options
    Utila.  It's one of the Bay Islands in Honduras, and is such a gem!  I went last January (holy cow, that was a year ago!), and it was one of the best places I have ever been.  It would also most likely be under your budget (the package for that time of year is about $2200), but you could get some add-ons as well - Scuba diving, anyone?

Anyway, here is the resort we stopped at (we were on a dive trip on a boat owned by the same owner as this resort) - the owner is very sweet, and they have a lot that you can do here too.
    http://www.utila.com/
  • Options
    Maybe someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fiji would cost quite a bit more than $4k by the time you add in the cost of activities and everything.  My friend went to Belize in December and loved it.  I'm not really an island person (because I've grown up in FL so I'm pretty much over beaches lol), but the two exceptions for me would be Anguilla and St. John.  Those are two locations that I wouldn't hesitate to visit.  Anguilla's beaches have been rated the best in the world.  
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    December is the perfect time to go to Costa Rica. If you go in the summer it is their rainy season so winter is the perfect time to go.

KappaUCF20 I also grew up in Florida, and still love the beach. Just because you live in Florida does not mean you won't appreciate the natural beauty and the beaches in the Caribbean. Florida beaches definitely do not compare to the beaches in the Caribbean.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_hm-ideashelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:33a5e1d1-3bb4-4e5f-97a5-3449999b84c5Post:6d9a7961-b137-43a9-9491-5eb4c9269c91">Re: HM Ideas...Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fiji would cost quite a bit more than $4k by the time you add in the cost of activities and everything.  My friend went to Belize in December and loved it.  I'm not really an island person (because I've grown up in FL so I'm pretty much over beaches lol), but the two exceptions for me would be Anguilla and St. John.  Those are two locations that I wouldn't hesitate to visit.  Anguilla's beaches have been rated the best in the world.  
    Posted by KappaUCF20[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Kappa here. Our flights to/from Fiji will cost somewhere around $3000.  That doesn't leave too much to work with.  If you're interested in Fiji, I'd definitely get in touch with a travel agent and see what they have available.  St. John is GORGEOUS...I'd definitely consider going there!!
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards