• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

?????

Wasn't there an "end of 2011" thread on here yesterday? What happened to it???
Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
Vacation
Married Bio
Day Zero / Blog

Re: ?????

• i was just thinking that!!! this place is so dead the posts are even dying on their OWN!
  • Holy shiit, I love that pic, Muffins!  lol   Your husband is like I swear I don't know her!

From what I've been reading on other boards, TK is effed up again and the month boards are feeling it the most.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Marissa that was funny.  And I can't believe you're already 10 weeks along.  And July is the best month to have a birthday, in my opinion.  I didn't have to work or go to school at all on my birthday until turned 24.

Love, I do love that picture!  There are so many times that H pretends he doesn't know me.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_untitled-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:11dcf520-6281-4335-8156-8a9b5a52207dPost:5f254388-d8ac-4fc8-93fa-977fdf9c8f7c">Re: ?????</a>:
    [QUOTE]And July is the best month to have a birthday, in my opinion.  I didn't have to work or go to school at all on my birthday until turned 24.
    Posted by MRads[/QUOTE]

I have a mid-June birthday and have always loved it.  It's almost exactly six months away from Christmas, so every six months I was guaranteed a pile of presents.  :)  My poor brother (born in late October) was always stuck going to school on his birthday.
  • Yea, I told Mike I planned it perfectly.  My bday is early July, so I get presents six months after Christmas, then our anniversary is in September (another present) and we always do something special after tax season (April).  So essentially, every three months, I get something special.  Mike's bday is a week after our anniversary in October, so he's not so lucky.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Oooh yes, I forgot about tax season!  And now we plan on vacationing every year for our anniversary, so another fun thing in September.  Ha, we're lucky.  :)   H's birthday is early June, so he gets to join in on the fun.  Although we tend to spend a little too much on each other, so having our birthdays so close together isn't great on our bank account.

Found this on the E board.  It was posted on someone's local board:

"Just an FYI that we are doing a performance upgrade on the platform for The Knot. We plan to start the upgrade at 10PM ET on Tuesday, Dec 27– at this time, the previous 15 hours of data will not be reflected in the message boards and the differential import of the date is anticipated to run for 14 hours and we anticipated the completion to end at 12pm ET. "
  • Bahaha our anniversary is in Sept strictly because I wanted it far away from my birthday (June). Jons bday is the end of Sept :)
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Hahaha Sterchy.

Speaking of presents, what did you all get?

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • There was a maintenance yesterday, instead of taking the boards down they decided to keep them up and the posts were delayed. But it should be back in a bit. I hope!

I read it from the MOD"s board. I really should go over there more often to let you ladies know what's going on!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • When r they taking the boards down? are we venturing to TN?
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Good thinking Missy!

Mandie - I got a stand mixer (I've wanted one for years), a ton of gift cards (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Applebees, Buckle, Victoria's Secret, Charlotte Russe, etc), and tickets to a Blues game.  Those are the biggies.  And H got me a Kama Sutra book.  Except it was in Spanish, so I have to return it tonight.  The menu at Taco Bell is basically the extent of my Spanish knowledge.
  • Speaking of stand-up mixers? I wanted a kitchen aid mixer but my mom got me the Oster brand. I am not trying to be ungrateful but I read reviews and it doesnt seem to be a good product. Anyone have the Oster brand?
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's really funny that you got a book in Spanish.  Did he realize it was in Spanish?  When are you going to the Blue's game?  I really wish I had tix to tomorrow's Pen's game.  Its the Pens v. Flyers and the first time Jagr is back in Pittsburgh.

Sounds like you had a good Christmas!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Sorry Missy, I got a Kitched Aid.  Apparently my ILs checked out the mixer I had on my registry and decided it wasn't good enough quality, so they bought me the fanciest KA they could find.  So now I feel rather guilty even though I didn't ask for the expensive one.

Mandie - He ordered it off bn.com and swears the description didn't say anything about the book being in Spanish.  Luckily you can return online orders to the store, so I'm stopping by tonight.  BIL got us tickets to the Jan 16 game against the Stars.  And we bought tickets ourselves to the Jan 21 game against the Sabres.  I'm trying to convince H that we should also go to the Penguins game on the 24th, but unless my work offers a discount, we may not be able to afford it.  The Pens vs Flyers game should be good!  The "Dead" Wings (as H calls them) beat us last night, so we need to redeem ourselves.
  • Missy, growing up we had a lot of stuff from Oster.  It seemed to work decently, though I do know that when my parents had more money, they bought stuff from KA.  Could you take the Oster back and save up for a KA, plus the money you'd get from the Oster?

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Ya but my mom will be all annoying if I dont want her present. Even though I wanted a kitchenaid lol
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's annoying.  I returned a couple of the things my Mom got me.  To be fair, I picked them out (just off online) and when they came in, I didn't like them.  I'm glad my Mom doesn't care.

How annoying is your Mom?  Is it too annoying not to return it and a battle not worth fighting or just a little annoying? 

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Shes annoying lol. In general. I might ask my dad about it first. We could use our leftover GCs and money from Oster to get the Kitchenaid!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hello, I think you should get the mixer you want. Mom needs to learn to get over it. I love my mixer. Can you tell her that you really wanted the pasta or slicer/grater attachments or something like that that Kitchenaid has that maybe Oster does not?
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
  • My thoughts exactly Heather ;) I shall let u know how chat w my dad goes!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • hi ladies! checking back in briefly on my 1st day back at work. Apparently everyone else worked yesterday & piled my desk high...argh...

H got me a Kindle, yaaaaay! His parents got us the ice cream maker for our KA and we made ice cream last night-holy crap-good stuff. I got H a sander and a shop vac...exciting stuff. 
  • Thanks ladies! That pic cracks me up... He has that expression on his face a lot but now I can prove it! hahahahaha.

Kristen don't feel guilty about the kitchenaid! They wanted to do it! Just revel in the glory! LOL.
    Kitchenaids are awesome! ILs got us the Ice Cream Maker Attachment for ours for Christmas this year. *happy dance*
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Jennie, any recipes/advice for the ice cream maker would be happily accepted! Ours was yummy, but didn't freeze all the way, so we had to put it in the freezer and we'll try it tonight. I just followed one of the recipes in the manual. 

I think my H has that same expression pretty frequently too. I kind of get a sick pleasure out of horrifying him on a regular basis. It's good to keep them guessing :)
  • apparently i can't quote without giving TK my FI's name and wedding date. no sir.

yo, greeneire, what day in june is your birthday?? we could be birthday twins!!! i'm on the 14th and H is the 16th.

and sterch, i think the "i wanted to get the attachments" spin might work. you can't get those attachments for the oster!
  • my bday is the 5th ;) Anddd my dad is going to send receipt!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • that's awesome sterch!! i wanted a KA SOOOO bad. H always says we can't afford it. and then buys me a Kindle Fire and diamond earrings. i do love those things, but i can't help but ask him WHY i didn't get the KA instead?? haha. i'm such an ungrateful biotch. :P

and I know, Mandie!! 10 weeks seems like we've come SO far! but i still have forever to go :( boo for being impatient and babies taking so long to bake!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_untitled-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:11dcf520-6281-4335-8156-8a9b5a52207dPost:3eba9a08-10ae-4104-921c-8f89e7b7ce4f">Re: ?????</a>:
    [QUOTE]yo, greeneire, what day in june is your birthday?? we could be birthday twins!!! i'm on the 14th and H is the 16th.
    Posted by jzaz903[/QUOTE]

Mine is the 20th and H's is the 3rd.  So I'm close!
  • Yea for KA. That is great. Glad you get to have what you want.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
  • I'm sure I'll blog about it when I try one Dawn! Im' a little scared to be honest... DH's the one that registered for it, but I'm going to try and gather my courage and make some ice cream sometime soon!
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards