• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

help me find a recipe...

i'm in need of a recipe for sugar cookies, i'd prefer ones that don't have to chill(if those exist) and homemade icing, if anyone knows how to make that. we prefer chewy cookies to crunchy.
MIL is getting me a kitchenaid for Christmas, and has requested that i use it that day for cookies. :)
image image
PS Sig Challenge: Rings
Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
Anniversary

Re: help me find a recipe...

• Negative on the non chilling. It's the only way to get the butter and stuff to set so you can roll them out. Assuming you're using cookie cutters....I haven't used this one yet but it says chewy and they look delish....clicky
  • so would i just get circles if i didn't chill them?
    i'm not against chill time, i'm just impatient. and i don't want to HAVE to spend all day at the MIL's
    image image
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • The recipe I use for snickerdoodles is perfect for sugar cookies, but they spread a bit too much to really work super well for cut out shapes. If circles are cool by you then, these are perfect. No chill time and chewy. Yum. Sorry for the wonky formatting.

Ingredients:

• ·      2 ¾ C. All-Purpose Flour
    • ·      1 tsp. Baking Soda
    • ·      ½ tsp. Salt
    • ·      ½ C. Shortening
    • ·      8 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Softened
    • ·      1 ½ C. Sugar
    • ·      2 Eggs

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
    With a handheld or standing mixer, beat together the shortening and butter. Add the 1 ½ cups sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and blend until smooth.
    Roll the dough, by hand, into 1 1/2-inch balls. Flatten the balls into 1/2-inch thick disks, spacing them evenly on unlined cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, but still moist in the center, about 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.

image image
  • Tell MIL that she wants some other type of cookies.  I think she wants chocolate chip cookies personally.  :)  The ones with bacon are really fun.  Enjoy your new mixer.  They are the best.

September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards