Honeymoon Discussions

The Virgin Islands

Hi All-So, we are looking into our honeymoon, and are thinking about the Virgin Islands.  Has anybody ever been; and if so, what were your thoughts?  Where did you stay, and would you recommend it?  We've been talking to a travel agen who had given us a few quotes on some all inclusive places, but I would love to hear some other feedback :)  Thanks in advance!!!

Re: The Virgin Islands

• I went to Virgin Gorda (BVI) a few years ago with family. The beach was gorgeous and right outside our front door. The place we stayed was more like a condo so we mainly ate at home and just lounged, snorkeled, and kayaked. 

This is where we stayed: http://www.mangobayresort.com/  It was fabulous. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In the BVI there are some lovely resorts. While doing a sailing trip a couple years ago we visited Scrub Island and it was fantastic! It is a private island resort but they provide transporation by boat to nearby Trellis Baby restaurants and such. Peter Island is supposed to be wonderful but I've never visited there. Also if you have any interest in sailing the Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda is another great property that has sail boats available to guests. We visted there on sailing trips on two differnt occasions and love it as well.

If you plan to visit the USVI St. John is wonderful. Most of the island is a national park and the beaches are beautiful and pristine. We stayed at a small guest apartment which we loved but not sure if that would be what you are looking for as your honeymoon. Caneel Bay is a great resort there and there are also a lot of private villas that you could rent on island as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    I went to St. Thomas USVI this past December and we loved it! We also did a 1 day trip to St. John and if we go back to USVI that's where we will be staying. I believe they only have one all inclusive at St. John, but even if you don't stay at an all-inclusive there is plenty of places to eat out. As far as beaches go, definitely check out Trunk Bay if you go to St. John, it is absolutely gorgeous and they have great snorkelling there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks you guys-I will definitely look into both places
  • there are no AIs on st john, only on st thomas.
    if it were me i'd plan to stay on st john and keep st thomas as a day trip. st john is a much nicer island, imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards