September 2011 Weddings

Superstitions

What kind of superstitions are you adhering to?

I'm not sure if this is considered superstitious or not, but I plan on doing the whole "something old, new, borrowed, blue" tradition. :)

Re: Superstitions

• Im of course doing the same thing something old, new, borrowed, and blue too, and of course my FI wont see me the day of till walking down to him! but other than that i dont know any other ones i think its cute

BabyFruit Ticker
  • oh I forgot about that! :)  He is def not allowed to see me before I walk down the aisle <3 :)
  • i dont want FI to see me either....but our ceremony and reception are all in the same place....so we need to take pics before the ceremony.  or...we'll miss the cocktail hour.  i'm so bummed...but i dont really have any other choice. =(

def doing old, new, borrowed, blue. 
    not doing the garter & boquet toss. 
  • In Response to Re: Superstitions:
    i dont want FI to see me either....but our ceremony and reception are all in the same place....so we need to take pics before the ceremony.  or...we'll miss the cocktail hour.  i'm so bummed...but i dont really have any other choice. =( def doing old, new, borrowed, blue.  not doing the garter & boquet toss. 
    Posted by reese511
    Ahh Ms. Reese, you and I are in the same boat on this one!  Except, we've decided to just miss our entire cocktail hour to take photos (our ceremony and reception are on same site too).  Just one of the many sacrifices we have to make :( .

I really dont want to do the garter & bouqet toss either... such a waste of $$ :)
  • We're missing the cocktail hour too....a bummer, but as much as I love the "first look" shots, I want to wait until I walk down the aisle!

I'll definitely do the something old, blue, etc., but not planning on doing a garter or bouquet toss (why torture my single friends?!)
  • FI and I are seeing each other before hand.....I had a really hard time dealing with this and I've learned to accept it. Now we'll be able to spend more of the day together, and people that I've talked to that have done the first look don't regret it and say walking down the aisle is just as special.

I'm doing "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" though
  • my fi refuses to do pictures before hand does NOT want to see me until i come down the isle....so us girls will do some photos before (cause i will probably cry)

oh yes and the night before the wedding i'll be with the girls at the hotel and he will be with the guys at his parents house...

image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • KOM11KOM11
    100 Comments
    I don't know what we are going to do - I'm int he same boat as Reese, I think we will talk about with the photog's when we do our e session and see what they recommend. We will do the something ... tradition to.
  • I will be doing the something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue. My Fi also wont be seeing me until I walk down the aisle.

Also, I will be spending the evening & night before the wedding with my parents and sister. Not sure where my Fi is staying, probably at the hotel where we are having the reception and will be spending the wedding night.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • I will probably be doing 'old, new, borrowed blue' but FI and I don't mind if we see each other beforehand. I think we'd rather take pics before so my makeup looks fresh and I haven't balled my eyes out yet (which I probably will when walking down the aisle!) Nothing is set though...we may change our minds but we discussed it and would rather be able to enjoy our cocktail hour with our guests!
    Sept 2011 Signature Challenge

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• suze68suze68
    100 Comments
    Something old...
    I want us to do pics before, but he doesnt
    Spend night apart before the wedding
    Wedding on the half hour (4:30) - more for timeline than for superstition

I think that is it for us...
    ~Suze
    image Sept 2011 Favorite Registry Item
  • Doing old, new, borrowed, blue

We're taking first look photos.  He's not happy, but i'm estatic.  It's become our "big compromise" because he really wants this wedding, and I'd prefer to JOP it with our immediate families.  I basically gave him the choice - do the wedding in the church with everyone AND a first look, or do a JOP with immediate families only and no first look.  He chose the first one.

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LonniPLonniP
    10 Comments
    Doing old/new/borrowed/blue, not seeing me till the aisle, and I'm spending the night before either at my parents or my MOHs. Not doing the garter/bouquet toss (I agree with PP about not torturing single friends LOL)

For those ladies that mentioned not wanting to do first look but not wanting to miss cocktail hour - we had the same concerns but then our photographer is going to get all the shots he possibly can beforehand with the guys and girls and parents separate so after the ceremony we can get the together shots done. He said it will take about a 1/2 hour to get those done so we can still make half of our cocktail hour. Hopefully it will actually work out that way, but just a suggestion :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doing the old, new, blue and borrowed thing too :)  no garter/bouquet toss. marrying at the half-hour AND we'll also have a wreath of wheat shaped in a horseshoe shape to hang above our heads during the ceremony (on the trellis) - both for good luck :)

will spend the night separately before the wedding... hmm we'll probably sleep in separate bedrooms for a couple weeks before the wedding?! heh ;)

we will do first look pics because i absolutely REFUSE to miss cocktail hour - we will have a homemade "photobooth" and i want to get guests started on that! FI doesn't really care, he says watching me walking down the aisle will be a totally different experience than the first look :)  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
    thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
    appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
    whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Probably doing "something old...etc" but we have to do first look pics.  Church can't do Friday weddings until 6pm, I already feel like we're on a time crunch with that! So all pics will have to be before hand.  Oh well I still think it will be special!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • I am also doing the something blue, borrowed, etc.. we are doing first look pics and fiance is staying at his parents the night before. Like the other gals we are not doing the garter or bouquet toss. So excited!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Superstitions:
    We're missing the cocktail hour too....a bummer, but as much as I love the "first look" shots, I want to wait until I walk down the aisle! I'll definitely do the something old, blue, etc., but not planning on doing a garter or bouquet toss (why torture my single friends?!)
    Posted by FutureMrsJGreen
    I hate the garter and bouquet toss - plus I have seen some pretty raunchy displays when the male that has caught the garter needs to place it on the women who caught the bouquet.  No thank you.
    Anniversary
  • SandDDSandDD
    500 Comments
    We're doing first look and we're actually both really excited about it.  I want to be able to see his face up close when he sees me and have that as a private (or semi-private haha) moment.  Plus FI explained that it should calm his nerves for the ceremony (he's nervous about us writing our own vows)

No garter or bouquet. I have always hated it as a guest.  Definitely something borrowed...etc

We'll stay apart the night before as well, but I'll be at a hotel closer to the venue instead of my parents house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards