• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

Real estate vent!!

so exactly what I thought would happen, happened. The sellers wanted a mortgage commitment by dec 20. My attorney sat on the contract for a week after I dropped it off to revise same. I sign it and 4 days later It gets to the sellers attorney-one block away! 2 days later the sellers sign it. Now needless to say my attorney has yet to get it back to fax it to the mortgage co. Now we are At a stand still and now I can't get a commitment until dec 30, which means paying Jan rent and closing sometime in Jan. Can I get a fml???!

On top of that I already accepted the fact that we were skipping Christmas, the tree, the get together, the whole 9 and for nothing!
imagetotes-your call/
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Real estate vent!!

• i have zero idea what that means, but it sounds like it sucks! sorry to hear that :( maybe it just means something better is out there; or there will be a more opportune time for you guys! keep your chin up! 

and there is still plenty of time to decorate for Christmas :)
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    image Pregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • Thanks Marisa. All it really means is that moving was delayed. I took a leap and asked the real estate agent, since the house is empty, if there is a possibility we can moved dec 30, which should be the day the mortgage co says it's a go. and then close 10 days later. The main problem is the longer we stay here, the more rent we pay : (
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Boo, I know the feeling we were suppose to close a month before the wedding and we closed 3 days before! Keep your head up, it will come sooner than you think!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Ugh, that sucks! I'd be pissed at my attorney for not making things move faster! But look at the bright side, this is just one small set back in the grand scheme of things and soon you'll be in your new house. :)
    image image
  • =( That's frustrating! But yay on buying the house!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Sorry you're going through this. It will all be worth it in the end.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Bad attorney behavior, boooo. Our clients would be tearing us a new one for sitting on a contract and delaying closing. Not cool. 

Take a deep breath, put up a Christmas tree. Paying the extra rent sucks, but it sounds like you'll have to be prepared for that. So sorry :(
  • Bummer :(
    Its only one more month of rent, as much as it sucks.  Then you will be in your house!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sorry for that.  I agree, put up the tree and enjoy Christmas.  The one good thing about the extra rent is that means you have the current place a little longer so you can take your time moving and cleaning the old place rather than having to rush and get it all done in 1 weekend.  Soon this will all be in the past and you guys will have your great house to enjoy.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
  • You girls know how to look on the bright side of things. I feel like bi polar disorder is setting in. One minute I'm coping the next I'm crying. Just found put that the flood insurance will be 1600 for min coverage on top of home owners, which is 1/3 of flood. I didn't expect it to be that high and of course paid in full prior to closing.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry Nicole. ( As much as I want a house, theres so much $ that goes into it...crazy
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards